New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    hi, need help in retaining the original color of shift knob and handbrake handle, my mom recently gave me her innova driven by her driver. also, they (shift knob and handbrake handle) kinda stink too. what to do with them? pwede pa ba maibalik sa dati itong mga to or palitin na? any suggestions? thank you!

2. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    i don't know about detailing experts' takes on this, but based on personal experience, plastics when discolored remain discolored. you can only do so much to ligthen up the discoloration but will remain that way.

i only use two things to maintain my interiors, armor-all multi purpose cleaner then armor-all protectant gel. they're not expensive and do a very good job for my two cars. spray on the surface of your shift knob and handbrake and let it sit for 2-3 mins then wipe with clean cloth. i'd apply some gel as well to give it a new clean look.

or, if you don't mind spending 3,000, just take it to the professionals. take it to bigberts for a full interior detail and give your Innova's interior that new car feeling.

or, just buy yourself MOMOs...

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Might just have to replace them.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by badbadtz.carlo View Post
    i don't know about detailing experts' takes on this, but based on personal experience, plastics when discolored remain discolored. you can only do so much to ligthen up the discoloration but will remain that way.

i only use two things to maintain my interiors, armor-all multi purpose cleaner then armor-all protectant gel. they're not expensive and do a very good job for my two cars. spray on the surface of your shift knob and handbrake and let it sit for 2-3 mins then wipe with clean cloth. i'd apply some gel as well to give it a new clean look.

or, if you don't mind spending 3,000, just take it to the professionals. take it to bigberts for a full interior detail and give your Innova's interior that new car feeling.

or, just buy yourself MOMOs...
    actually I already had the car detailed from one of the detail shops in cubao, its still the same (although most of the interior looks new when i got it back but these are pain in the arse). so yeah I'll try that cleaner and protectant gel you said. haha if I buy MOMO's i think it won't look good in an innova

5. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Might just have to replace them.
    any suggestions on where to find replacements? I'm thinkin' Banawe. hahaha.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by alvinthedrummer View Post
    .....haha if I buy MOMO's i think it won't look good in an innova

:jawdrop:
    what??? Sabagay medyo tama ka paps, Innova is a typical family car at di sya rezing-rezing type of car. Pero I don't think it will ruin the look your Innova if you use Momo only for your shiftknob and handbrake (probably sa Steering Wheel pa di sya bagay). Just choose the Chrome silver ones with combination of black leather accents...just don't choose the colorful or loud ones like the Momo Atomic, Momo Drifting, etc.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Kawawang Koboy View Post
    what??? Sabagay medyo tama ka paps, Innova is a typical family car at di sya rezing-rezing type of car. Pero I don't think it will ruin the look your Innova if you use Momo only for your shiftknob and handbrake (probably sa Steering Wheel pa di sya bagay). Just choose the Chrome silver ones with combination of black leather accents...just don't choose the colorful or loud ones like the Momo Atomic, Momo Drifting, etc.
    Suggest you choose the Momo chromes para ala ka na problem sa discoloration, so durable at medyo elegante pa tingnan. I would recommend the Momo Cobra for the shift knob then pair it with a Momo Corse shift boot. Now kung mahilig ka sa black and not the silver chromes e choose the Momo Shadow shift knob instead.

Tapos dapat matching din yung handbrake handle mo sa shift knob na napili mo. Pag Momo Cobra (chrome silver) ang shift knob mo eh choose the Momo Pit Stop - Aluminum for your handbrake...pag Momo Shadow (black) e choose the Momo Pit Stop - Carbon naman for your handbrake.

Try to contact Perfect Circle (authorized distributor of Momo products in the Phils) at Banawe. Tel no 711-3299 or 712-1075 and look for the owner Ms. Helen...she's a nice person to deal with

8. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Kawawang Koboy View Post
    hmmm, meron bang beige? lol. magkano din kaya aabutin nun sir?

9. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Your best shot is have your original shift knob and hand brake lever upholstered with leather to have a classic look, we experience the same on our innova I bring it to leder interia in scout area had my steering wheel and shift knob covered with leather spend around 1.8k for both hope this help

10. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mestiza View Post
    Your best shot is have your original shift knob and hand brake lever upholstered with leather to have a classic look, we experience the same on our innova I bring it to leder interia in scout area had my steering wheel and shift knob covered with leather spend around 1.8k for both hope this help
    so how are they now? any signs of discoloration? I'm thinkin about that too because nothing's makin it any better, it still stinks and also I'm afraid the leather upholstered (if ever) in the shift knob and handbrake lever will fade.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Shiftknob & Handbrake handle discoloration