New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Mas okei na seat cover?

Voters
416. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mitsubishi

63 15.14%
  • Toyota

35 8.41%
  • Nissan

23 5.53%
  • Honda

36 8.65%
  • Isuzu

16 3.85%
  • Ford

9 2.16%
  • Mazda

12 2.88%
  • BMW

5 1.20%
  • Mercedes Benz / Chrysler

3 0.72%
  • Others, Please specify below...

16 3.85%
  • Yes

0 0%
  • No

1 0.24%
  • It's cool but pricy

1 0.24%
  • Yes

4 0.96%
  • No

8 1.92%
  • girlfriend / wife / boyfriend / husband

18 4.33%
  • not girlfriend / wife / boyfriend / husband

9 2.16%
  • have not "kissed" anyone yet!

2 0.48%
  • Pentium 4

12 2.88%
  • Pentium 3

12 2.88%
  • Pentium 2 / Celeron

2 0.48%
  • Pentium / Pentium MMX

0 0%
  • 486 / 386 / 286 / XT

2 0.48%
  • AMD

5 1.20%
  • Mac

0 0%
  • game console (nintendo, x-box, sega, etc)

0 0%
  • Kotse

5 1.20%
  • Tsikot

15 3.61%
  • Motioncars

1 0.24%
  • AI

1 0.24%
  • DragRacingPinoy

0 0%
  • Yes, definitely!

26 6.25%
  • No

5 1.20%
  • Aubrey Miles

1 0.24%
  • Maui Taylor

0 0%
  • Diana Zubiri

1 0.24%
  • Aubrey Miles

19 4.57%
  • Maui Taylor

11 2.64%
  • Diana Zubiri

4 0.96%
  • Globe Post-Paid

4 0.96%
  • Globe Pre-Paid

3 0.72%
  • Smart Post-Paid

0 0%
  • Smart Pre-Paid

1 0.24%
  • Other celfone provider (not listed)

0 0%
  • Don't use celfone at all

0 0%
  • Buried in the ground

2 0.48%
  • Cremated (burned)

7 1.68%
  • Either one is okay for me

0 0%
  • Neither one, let others decide na lang

0 0%
  • Leatherette

7 1.68%
  • Stock Seat Covers

5 1.20%
  • No Seat Covers

4 0.96%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Real leather seat covers aren't that expensive.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Real Leather would be practical specially when you have kids. Knowing that whenever they spill something on the seats - it easy to wipe... not unlike cloth seat which absorbs almost anything....

Any Upholsterer will be able to make custom leather seats for a reasonable price....

RIDE ON.... 8)

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    stock seat cover, get the grey para hindi dumihin

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Wouldn't real leather be actually harder to maintain? If it were real leather, then you'd have to worry about keeping it in tip-top shape by applying leather conditioner to it. Plus, if it were real leather, you'd have to worry about the wear on the leather from constant use.

Wouldn't leatherette (or vinyl), on the other hand, be actually easier to maintain? No conditioners to worry about, and you wouldnt have to worry about leather wear (cracks, color loss and what not) cause vinyl is virtually indesctructable. Wipe it down and you're ready to go.

Off the choices in the poll above, I personally prefer cloth seats (without seat covers). Just curious, as I have no experience with leather or vinyl seat covers (vs. having actual leather or vinyl seats, which I've had experience with).

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    e46boi,

in a way, kailangan ngang i-condition ang leather regularly or else mababakbak. but then, properly maintained, they'll still look new years after they were made and yung conditioning na yung cleaning nun... no more laundering and fitting seat covers. so in a sense, halos pareho din

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Stock lang po sa akin....Di mainit pag summer 8)

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    meleagant8,
    you've read my post na sa AI, post ko na rin dito :D

I have the leatherette seats upholstered (not just seat covers) by Boy Chincuanco.

here are some pics:

http://www.pbase.com/supierreman/fortress_of_solitude

As for me ok naman leatherette. Di naman ako pinapawisan kase ok pa naman aircon ko :D

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    for me, cloth seat covers...

Mas madali maglinis ng seat covers than seats... (nagsalita ang walang seat cover hehe)..

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by e46boi
    Wouldn't real leather be actually harder to maintain? If it were real leather, then you'd have to worry about keeping it in tip-top shape by applying leather conditioner to it. Plus, if it were real leather, you'd have to worry about the wear on the leather from constant use.

Wouldn't leatherette (or vinyl), on the other hand, be actually easier to maintain? No conditioners to worry about, and you wouldnt have to worry about leather wear (cracks, color loss and what not) cause vinyl is virtually indesctructable. Wipe it down and you're ready to go.

Off the choices in the poll above, I personally prefer cloth seats (without seat covers). Just curious, as I have no experience with leather or vinyl seat covers (vs. having actual leather or vinyl seats, which I've had experience with).
    Well, I have leather seat covers and I haven't apllyed any conditioner to it yet... Its been a year since I got it. Rain or shine okay lang.

Before that I had leatherette seat covers and after a few weeks of use, some spots of "leatherette" have become bare and only the cloth part under it na lang natitira. Leatherette also isnt as durable as leather kasi just rub it with something and parts of vinyl letherette will tear off!

As for seat covers, ok lang but they need to be washed regularly and they will tear and wear thin at the portions where you rub a lot, like at the door side of the driver seat.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    e46: Theoretically, that's true, leather needs to be conditioned from time to time and cleaned often to prevent cracking and discoloration (since it's an expensive invenstment, it's smart to do so). In terms of leatherette (I'll call it vinyl from now on), it's easier to maintain, but if the quality of the vinyl isn't suited for stretching upholstery use or if the surface is not snug in fit, it can deteriorate quite rapidly, especially around the seams.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Seat Covers?