New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    VS1 better than all the products na nasubukan ko, dami na nun.
    Di nakaka-fade at nakakasira ng surface, ultimate restore/protect back to brandnew, bango pa di na kelangan mag air freshner hehe. Hirap lang maghanap, sa mga motorcycle shops sa 10th ave calookan ko nakakabili.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

sir kahit faded yung dashboard? yung akin kasi gray original tapos parang naninilaw na kulay

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Try Mother's Back to Black... ;)

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    i'm using the microtex sunshield. not too expensive but effective in deepening the color without the shine and oily feeling. yun nga lang, after a weeek, you have to re-apply. para kasi sya diluted kaya mura lang, unlike the other products na creamy or malapot.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by cokezero View Post
    sir kahit faded yung dashboard? yung akin kasi gray original tapos parang naninilaw na kulay
    para sa gray na naninilaw na, you have to clean it first with wipe out or someother cleaner to restore the gray color. then you have to apply the protector for shine and smell like new. if you dont clean it, then it will only shine the yellowish gray..

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    I actually dislike glossy dashboards. When driving at a certain angle and direction relative to the sun, it actually adds glare and discomfort to front passengers. Many cars nowadays comes with non-reflective dashboard to prevent this. However, I've seen car owners, as well as some detailing shops, destroy the finish by applying Armor All or similar 'protectant' trying to force a non-reflective surface to shine and look clean and new.

I learned my lesson the hard way when I, like most teens of the day, didn't know better than to wipe the dashboard of our then new '92 Sentra ECCS with Armor All. It looked great at first but in just under a year, the grey dashboard got discolored (yellowed). The finish developed splotches and the glossiness became uneven. The dashboard ended up looking much more older than the car really was.

Since then, I never applied any chemical in car interiors. I just wipe it off with a damp chamois or a lint-free microfiber cloth. The most I've used is baby wipes to clean stains. But even that, I use sparingly. Now, the interior of my '07 Civic still looks fresh with its dashboard retaining its original color and finish after almost 5 years.

I only had experience with Armor All. But most other products in this category uses almost the same ingredients so I imagine that the end results would probably be about the same. But if you're bent on applying any sort of protectant on your interior, test it out first on a hidden or inconspicuous part before committing.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Armor all now has the gel type, that's what I'm using and it's not glossy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Kawawang Koboy View Post
    Try Mother's Back to Black... ;)
    more on pang exterior plastics ata iyan sir (pero effective 'to sa cowlings and the like)

try mo mother's protectant. or for more added juice try their vlr variant just wipe them off w/ paper towels to reduce the sheen and further clean the applied material

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Restore dashboard tone