New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Have inquired for the price of black leather seat cover for corolla 1997 gli, they quoted me the same price which is 6.5k. Ok na kaya to? Decent ba ang leather nila? Or may mas cheaper pa sa ibang shop?

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Yes. That's about the range

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Sino ba ang "they" or "sila" na tinutukoy mo?

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bail View Post
    Have inquired for the price of black leather seat cover for corolla 1997 gli, they quoted me the same price which is 6.5k. Ok na kaya to? Decent ba ang leather nila? Or may mas cheaper pa sa ibang shop?
    of course, we are aware that what is commonly refered to as "leather", is, at those sub-10K prices, not really leather, but... leatherette.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    of course, we are aware that what is commonly refered to as "leather", is, at those sub-10K prices, not really leather, but... leatherette.
    this is so true... the price quoted for a leather seat cover of one of my car before was a whooping 60k!
    i ended up using the leatherette material which is around 8k iirc

6. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by bail View Post
    AFAIK no matter what they call them like Authentic/Real German Leather. Leatherette parin talaga sila (not the real one, because the real one costs 50k+).

Magkaka-talo lang sa linis at ayos ng pagkakagawa, like if snug fit ba, hindi yung maraming lukot.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I've seen many leatherette seat covers and none of them can even come close to real leather upholstery.

You can never get a snug fit if you don't stitch the leather to the seats. Kaya lahat ng nakikita kong seat cover, ang kakapal tapos wala na yung original korte ng seat.

Yung iba sinasabi wala naman daw difference. Eh isang tingin lang kitang kita na eh.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    I've seen many leatherette seat covers and none of them can even come close to real leather upholstery.

You can never get a snug fit if you don't stitch the leather to the seats. Kaya lahat ng nakikita kong seat cover, ang kakapal tapos wala na yung original korte ng seat.

Yung iba sinasabi wala naman daw difference. Eh isang tingin lang kitang kita na eh.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk
    this is so true.
    real leather upholstery in a high-end car, is "like a baby's bottom". someone invited me to ride in his car. i could never afford it.
    our faux leathers... nakakasakit ng gluteus when in standstill traffic.
    Last edited by dr. d; May 13th, 2017 at 09:59 AM.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    Yeah that's what I assumed about the TS also. You can't expect real leather naman at 6.5k But that's the price range for a sedan I suppose. I was quoted P6.5k for my Corolla also.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Price is from seatmate and leder interia

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast