New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I dont know if this is the right thread... hope someone could help me out

is it possible or any way to remove locklite/ mighty bond marks on dash board (white marks and like a hard glue like thing.)

thanks in advance

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    AFAIK replace or repaint the dashboard

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by badsekktor View Post
    AFAIK replace or repaint the dashboard

actually hindi sa dashboard mismo, sa may plastic sa may corner ng window, yung katapat ng side mirror pag nasa loob ka, may nabibili ba nun?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    acetone lang pantanggal ng mighty bond... dunno if pwede sa dash board mo. takpan mo nalang muna bago mo i-apply yung acetone. hth

5. Join Date
    May 2007
    Take it to a detail shop, let them do it, you will destroy the dash using acetone. Finger nail polish remover (acetone) will remove super glue. The downside is it may also ruin the finish, so test it first in a spot that won't show to be sure it's safe.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by v6dreamer View Post
    Take it to a detail shop, let them do it, you will destroy the dash using acetone. Finger nail polish remover (acetone) will remove super glue. The downside is it may also ruin the finish, so test it first in a spot that won't show to be sure it's safe.
    any specific shop in QC area? actually maliit lang yun pero pansinin kase black yung panel then nagkastain na white.. hindi maganda sa mata eh

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    dalhin mo sa BigBert's sa Araneta..

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Yup... mahirap yan... anything that can dissolve superglue will also likely dissolve the paint finish or plastic of the dashboard.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by danieyoyo View Post
    I dont know if this is the right thread... hope someone could help me out

is it possible or any way to remove locklite/ mighty bond marks on dash board (white marks and like a hard glue like thing.)

thanks in advance

I had some ugly superglue marks on my center console. I was getting kinda desperate, sought the internet, and tried the suggestion of using Carb cleaner spray on it.

First, good thing it didn't melt the plastic. Then, it also softened the superglue enough for me to scrape it off. But thick blotches need lots of times of scraping, not just once.

Due to my excitement, I made the mistake of using a flat screwdriver to scrape the marks off. Sumobra ang pwersa and it resulted in some deep scars.

Now, I'm sanding the scarred portions and hoping to find a way to restore the color .... hehehe ... solved one problem and got a new one.

Auto interior shops do offer this service though. From what I learned, they'll be sanding off the superglue marks and repainting the whole portion to make sure the finish is nice and smooth.

Good luck !

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Sa aking karanasan jan sa mark ng superglue sa Dash board ko ang ginamit kong panglinis para matangal say un Gasolina. ok naman at natangal medyo nawala lang ung kintab. subukan mo un.

mightybond marks