New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    i'm looking for a detailing product which can restore and protect my car's plastic and vinyl interior. i don't know if back to black will work fine. by the way i use meg's interior detailer but i'm not that satisfied. just recently i saw this product, matt dash protector, at true value alabang. i just wanna ask, is this any good? and do you guys know any other product which is better? thanks!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Meguiar's leather richer/cleaner... well that's what I use, I have also tried AutlGlym and liked it...

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Whatever you use, avoid silicone based products like Armor All.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    thanks for the suggestions guys. i tried out the matt dash protector yesterday. it looked good at first but this morning it seemed as if the color of the dash had faded. from a deep black it was now a little brownish.

btw, what is the downside of using a silicone based product? is the meg's leather cleaner only good for leather? i believe my dash is vinyl, will it work on that too?

thanks for the time!

5. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    Whatever you use, avoid silicone based products like Armor All.
    baket po? ano mangayayare, yan kase ginagamit ko most of the time

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Armor All has been said to dry out the surface, making you use it more, and if you stop will cause cracking. This does it because it is silicone based, and repels water. Same principle that silicone sealants work to seal against leaks.

matt dash protector