New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    I have a new Fort and as we all know, it already comes with leather seats. However, some of my friends were advising me to put on leather seat covers on top of the oem leather seats so as not to damage or harm the original seats. My questions are:

1. Will I not destroy or damage the oem leather seats as when covered,
    they cannot breathe?

2. One friend said that in doing so, would cause stickiness to the original
    seats once removed. Is this true?

Please advise - for those who have experienced this situation.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Not advisable.. magkakaroon ng moisture yung original leather if you install a leather seat cover .. better clean regularly by using MC.. ok na yan...it will last for ten years..
    Last edited by alainroyce; November 25th, 2008 at 04:37 PM.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    gamitin mo muna yung oem leather seat.. pag luma na tsaka mo patungan.. sayang naman.. ke bago bago papatungan mo na agad..

4. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    just enjoy your oem leather seat. sayang naman.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Agree to all of them, just use and take care of the leather (search here for maintenance techniques)

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    expose it and at the same time take care of it.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    What for? The OEM leather seats of the Fort are nice enough. Don't be too worried about your seats getting worn out. They are meant to wear out. You just need to take care of them. Time will come that you need to repair or replace them, but with TLC (tender, loving care) on your seats, that time would be, say around 10-15 years from now.

Enjoy what you have now!

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    why oh why oh why?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    leather is like skin. just clean and moisturize it and it'll be fine.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    That is precisely the reason why its in a OEM leather seat when you got the unit. Why hide it, you should be proud to use and show it off, let it serve its purpose well, otherwise you should have purchased the unit w/out the leather seat.
    However, leather seat is exqusite and quite expensive, so you must take good care of it. There are many maintenance materials to use. Do not just use any cleaner becuase it may contain high level of acid and detergents. This will prematurely and permanently damage the L-seat. Look for the most safest Leather cleaner and conditioner in the market. It needs to be applied with conditioners too to rejuvenate the L-seat. I have bween using Eagel One Leather clenaer and conditioner for a very long time for our leather materials, including our sofa and executive chair, and would you believe, including pure leather bags and shoes. Got it from Ace Hardware, before True Value has it but lately they probably ran out of it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Leather Seat Cover on Leather Seats? Please Help