New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    What's the proper way of cleaning leather seat cover? Can I use ordinary detergent soap or a special cleaning liquid is needed? Thanks

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    DeltaBravo,

Mag-crack and peel iyan kung ordinary detergent. Use leather specific cleaner. Para may moisturizer.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pwede rin ba punas punas lang ng medyo basang cloth? kasi pag tumatapak minsan mga bata di maiwasan eh.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Seat cover? Are you referring to LEATHER seats or LEATHERETTE seat covers na uso sa pinas? Those two are extremely different. The former is an expensive skin, the latter is textured plastic. With leather, you must clean it with warm water and nothing else, then condition the leather and protect it with a leather conditioner. With leatherette, not much you can do... It's plastic, just clean it with a damp cloth. If it starts to crack, then there's not much that can be done.

Leatherette aka Vinyl aka plastic.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    leatherette seat cover cguro yun. thanks for the info....punas punas lang pala.... salamt ulit

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    there are special vinyl/leatherette cleaners available too, meron yung 3M yata and other brands, check out the shelves ng auto detailing products

7. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Basta't paglabas mo ng oto mo at basa ang puwet mo..(leatherette).:oops:

punas,punas lang ng basahan or apply mo konting toothpaste:mrgreen:

8. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    para sa leather seats ko, once a year, i take them out of the car and brush the hell out of them using soap and water. and then i apply leather conditioner. i've tried eagle one, armor all, and turtle wax.. pare-pareho naman sila. they all kept the leather nice and soft. nagkakaiba lang sa scent. mas nababanguhan ako sa turtle wax, ung emerald series.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Ok
    Here is for the education of leather seat owners.

If you have leatherette, it is almost the composition of plastic but with a delicate coating. Chances are if you make these units wet, the delicate coating will peel off and these will make your leatherette seats look bad.

If you have genuine leather, please do not use any chemicals for this. This damages the coating of your leather and it WILL damage the surface. I have seen a lot of cases of cracked leather seats and they all said they used leather cleaners for this.

Just use a damp cloth and wipe it every week. this will keep your leather fresh and new. If you need further cleaning.... PM me and I will provide this service to you for FREE

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kelseat, for genuine leather seats - will it be ruined if it got wet?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Leather Seat Cover