New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Leather seat is good enough for us? when parked on the unshade parking space feels hot

i found myself feels hot on leather seats. it parked on the unshade parking space. it feels hot when getting inside the car and starting to turn the engine. on my crv its monquette its never feels hot when getting inside my car. Leather seat feels its sticky on hands.

i love the smell of brand new and its leather seat.

Tsikoteer have your suggesstion on Leather seat. Your experience on using leather seat and your comments will be appriciate. Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    ganyan naman talaga pag leather or leatherette, kaya i always have a sunshade in the car para if nakapark sa open area hindi directly naiinitan ang seats.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Genuine leather seating surfaces will have invisible natural pores in it (since it came from animal skin) to allow it to cool down within a reasonable time. Leather apparently works well enough in the Middle East and in the hottest parts of the U.S. so I guess it'll work for us too.

Some very high end vehicle have heated and cooled seats (e.g. Saab, Mercedes). Leather is also initially uncomfortably cold during wintertime.

I used to have cloth seats but now I'm on leather. The leather cools fast enough before I have time to complain. Or is it because of the good a/c? :D

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    I'm comfortable with leather seats.Easy to clean compared to clothe.When the car is parked on an area where it is not shaded, i just open the doors wide open for atleast 5-10mins before i go inside the car.or sometimes, starts the engine and open the doors with the fan switched on.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Leather seats are a must if you have kids. Easier to clean up all the spills.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    yeah leather is cool. even Britney Spears walked out a Passenger plane recently because it doesn't have leather seats.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    We have leather seats on our 95 Contour. We get over 300 days of nothing but sunshine. The leather seats do get hot enough that it can really hurt, esp if we're wearing shorts (which is most of the year). That's why our newer 06 Sonata has plain cloth seats. We got tired of our bare skin getting singed.

Our old van (traded in) also had leather seats. But, the large roof area helped keep most of the seats under shadow. So if we do buy a new van, it'll have leather too.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    i got leatherette. mas madali kasi linisan compared sa cloth.

pag nakabilad sa araw ng matagal, i open the car with aircon on muna for a few minutes before i drive to cool the interior.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    we're using leatherette also. mas madali kasi linisin at kita mo kaagad if madami na alikabok. we use sunshade nalang sa windshield para ma lessen ang init sa leatherette seats.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    I dunno, I think having genuine leather seats are more arduous to maintain. You need reputable leather cleaners and conditioners to maintain it, which are pricey. You'd have to be more careful on putting stuff over it bcause damage on the leather would cost alot to replace it. although its very luxirous, it hurts when your skin comes in contact with a hot(and humid) interior haha.

With cloth, i dont worry as much. sharp objects dont put as much aesthetic damage on a moquette than it would on a leather.

although my only gripe with cloth is that, it collects alot of dust. it would also smell is some form of liquid was accidentally spilled. kelangan mo ng odor eliminator hehehe

edit(i changed my comments to refer to cloth seats my bad)
    Last edited by cardo; June 26th, 2007 at 01:33 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Leather is good enough for us?