New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Hello everyone! I am a new car owner(got my unit last May 2014) and was wondering if you could answer my question. I wanted to take good care of my car not just the exterior but also the interior as well. That's why I was wondering if how often ba dapat magpapa-interior or exterior detailing? Gamit everyday ang sasakyan but purely city driving with occasional long drives about once a month.

Any suggestions will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i dont think it should be "how often..."
    it depends on your liking.... kung feeling mo madumi na and mabaho na, then you have to have it detailed.
    to each his own kung baga.

ako once every 5 years lang..... hindi naman ako kumakain (and i dont allow food inside the car) and hindi din nagyoyosi sa loob ng oto.

yung dalawang oto ko ngayon is more than 2 years na, and pareho pang pristine ang loob.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    I see. Thanks for your response sir! Anyway, medyo worry ko kasi yung leather seats sir. Napanood ko kasi sa youtube na pag d daw na-maintain ng maayos masisira daw talaga yun. Sayang din kasi.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by lordclyde View Post
    I see. Thanks for your response sir! Anyway, medyo worry ko kasi yung leather seats sir. Napanood ko kasi sa youtube na pag d daw na-maintain ng maayos masisira daw talaga yun. Sayang din kasi.
    If genuine leather seats yan, get yourself a Leather Cleaner (pH balanced, between 4.5 to 7.5 pH) and a Leather Conditioner. Unlike vinyl or synthetic leather, genuine leather needs conditioning oil for maintenance.

Both exterior and interior detailing can be DIY. You can backread in "Detailing Thread [For Newbies]" thread, "Tamang OC Lang" thread, and "DIY Interior Detailing" thread for the steps and recommended products.

How often to have the interior/exterior detailed?