New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    good day po! newbie here, i am making my first ever D.I.Y upholstery in my car... well, ako po mismo gagawa gusto ko lang share dito (i don't know kung tama po ang forum topics) sa site kung ano ang magagawa ko sa DIY na ito... i am not a mananahi, gusto ko lang subukin ito... wish me luck! post ko nalang pics soon.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    wow goodluck sir!

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    A couple of years ago I was able to purchase a new set of OEM leather seat covers for a Civic. Coming from a dealership that was closing down, it was a bargain as it was cheaper than add-on covers. All I have to do was tear up the old cloth covers and put the new leather in. It should be an easy job even for a first-timer like me.

I was wrong.

And because you're also going to do the tailoring yourself, I'm wishing you the best of luck ... you're going to need it.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Good luck to the ^nth power...

Believe me, it's more involved than you think. Not that I doubt your abilities, it's just I know how complicated it can get. I've tried replacing the upholstery on my car before with good used replacements, and needless to say I was amazed at how much engineering was done to design something so simple and yet so durable.

DIY upholstery