New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2017
    How do you clean your navi screen? Is it safe to use meguiars quick interior detailing on those?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimchijiji View Post
    How do you clean your navi screen? Is it safe to use meguiars quick interior detailing on those?

i use plain water.
    maybe rubbing alcohol.
    i am afraid to use anything stronger, as the surface might get "attacked".

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Just wipe it with a microfiber cloth.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    if you have the free cleaning stuff from eyeglasses, baka pwede yun

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Microfiber towels will also work. I have a spare one on standby sa tabi ko. Pampunas sa HU screen tsaka power window switch combination kapag nabasa ng ulan.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Plain damp cleaning cloth. Pag wala, baby wipes. Pag talagang madumi, tissue paper dampened with alcohol.

Or buy ka nung pinagbibili sa computer stores na cleaning cloth and liquid set for lcd screens.

Just do not press too hard as you might break the liquid crystal.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimchijiji View Post

The first thing you need to do is to make sure that the screen in your car is turned off. This will also allow you to see dirt, dust, and grime better. You can use a microfiber cloth to wipe your navigation screen. If needed, you can spray some alcohol-free screen cleaning solution to the cloth then wipe your navigation screen. This is to avoid scratching the screen. However, if you're not sure and confident doing it you can just visit your trusted car shop to do the job for you. Hope this helps!

8. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Dont use alcohol..read your LCD TV manual

Sent from my SM-G532G using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    I'd use water-Joy-isoprophyl alcohol solution.

You will rarely scratch the LCD screen itself because there is a polarizer film on top of it.

You can actually replace that film when scratched. I did in my in-laws' old LCD TV.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Damp microfibre cloth to remove smudges. Dry microfibre cloth to remove dust. That is speaking from experience with an almost 10-year old Kenwood 2DIN HU that has been through two vehicles.

As much as possible, avoid using any concoction of chemicals or cleaning fluids. The heat, the humidity, and the sun (UV) might react to the residue and could cause some problems in the long run.

Only exception is if the screen is made of glass... then it should be impervious to anything you throw at it.

Cleaning navigation screen/infotainment system.