New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Originally posted by M54 Powered
    paolorenzo - any leather cleaner shd work with the 'butas-butas' style of leather (i assume you mean the kind like mercedes makes - i have used lexol on mercedes leather with no problems)
    Sorry M54... I haven't seen the leather seats of the Benz eh (and I might not get the chance in this lifetime :waah: ). But I think you got what I mean.

The reason I asked is takot ako if the leather cleaner enters the tiny holes, and might accumulate there, and leave some kind of chemical smell...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by paolorenzo
    The reason I asked is takot ako if the leather cleaner enters the tiny holes, and might accumulate there, and leave some kind of chemical smell...
    i know what you're saying...i'm pretty sure you'll be fine as long as you spray the stuff on a cloth, then wipe...instead of spraying directly onto the leather

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    napagawa ko napo leather seat ko na butas.. hehe.. npansin ko po.. meron pong cream sa seat pro... for cleaning leather meron din po for moisturizing 50 lang isang tub nung pang linis malaki na yung moisturizing... 120ml yata 120 happy cleaning po

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    san available yng eagle one cleaner conditioner? n how often should it be applied once a week?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    leather conditioners should be applied at least once a month.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    "anything you can do i can do better, i can do anything better with PLEDGE!"

all i need. great for leather seats, steering wheel, shift knob. leather man o vynil, wood or plastic. non greasy, bango pa. pang bahay na, pang kotse pa!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pledge (furniture) contains a lot of silicon which makes it very, very attractive to dust. when dust accumulates with silicone, it creates dirt that's really hard to remove when settled..

Just try to apply half of your counter top with pledge and leave the other side intact, dust will accumulate 2-3x faster on the side where pledge was applied onto.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Here is my humble opinion.
    Leather manufacturers do not recommend the use of ANY chemicals when cleaning leather seats. Simply because it erodes the natural properties of leather.

Use a damp cloth and wipe it regularly to make sure that dust do not accumulate in your leather.

If you have stubborn dirt already in your car, I hope it was done by Kelseat and I can have it cleaned for free in our showroom. Just arrannge the time through email and I will send one person there to wait for you.

To maintain a good look in your leather, NEVER use enhancers and conditioners because this will damage the coating of your expensive leather seats. This is one of the reasons why it fades.

Remember: Damp cloth and regular cleaning and your leather seats will be like new....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Cleaning Leather seats