just a cute little story about one of our bigger brand auto shops in town.

Begining of 2010 I was in need of a Hyundai Matrix CRDI, most people keep them as they run strong and are fuel efficient. Well somewhat :D
I finally found one in the Manila bulletine :D I meet up with the guy who was selling it, from one of the big auto houses along Jupiter.
It looked great and sounded ok, but hey I also saw some local guys taking a car completely apart and cleaning it with a toothbrush. So if you are not an expert you donīt really know what you buy. As you might be able to guess, Iīm no expert and it was the only unit for sale all month ;(
Oh well
The car had a few things a wanted him to fix, before I signed of the big check. So we took it to Casa in the fort together (with the seller) who knew the floor manager or something like that. I asked him if he could check the car for flood signs and he said it was clean just like the seller did from the begining.

Now 6 months later Casa still says it has not been flooded but they would like to replace the turbo together with some other things.
So I looked around here on the forum and found a guy who could help me with the turbo. The sad thing with this meeting was that he said within minutes that the car had been flooded and that it was easy to see if you worked with cars. Nice guy btw :D

My question is this, donīt we deserve a better service form our dealers? I mean when we go to casa we pay sometimes close to 300% more. Just to make myself clear here, in service I donīt mean, coffe, water, a nice lounge or a clean car after a oile check up. I can do all this on my owne. But if they canīt even tell you the truth or at least be confident and show you what is really wrong........ why do we even go there.

People unite, share youīr good and bad stories. So we can all support the real shops that are still truthfull and loyal. If we all go there they might grow bigger and stronger so we donīt have to go to case just because the floors a cleaner.

Thank you all.