New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Add ko lang sa Cons. Medyo hirap umakyat yung gamit ko papuntang Baguio. Pag steep ang grade ng road gapang siya. Malakas talaga yung makina lalo na sa highway pero pagakyatan para siyang hirap. Baka naman dahil puno kami? Pero tama sila lahat - malakas aircon! Kung di lang mahirap ipark at idaan sa small streets ito na ang magiging favorite car ko.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    yung starex nakakaakyat pa rin kahit steep... just shift yuor gear to "L", and one good thing is that meron itong LSD-limited slip dfferentials so pag oras na dumudulas yung front na wheel, nag a asist agad ang rear na wheel.... so di umiiyak ang gulong.........correct me if i'm wrong..:mrgreen:

3. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    thanks sa mga reply, far mukhang ok naman mga feedbacks nyo, sige, simulan ko na car hunting.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Otep, pwede ba talaga mitsubishi parts?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mk,

a run-of-the-mill starex is rear wheel drive, so an LSD functions only when a rear wheel slips. actually, an LSD is pretty useless in the city, wala naman tayong snow dito, a wet road won't be too much of a problem even for non-LSD-equipped cars, and i don't think you'll be taking a starex off-road

dagdag sa cons:

- you see six of them and one just exactly like yours at every intersection
    - it's significantly taller than the minivans (venture and sedona and T&C) and aren't as good-handling on the road as those (no surprise there)
    - only one sliding door
    - crash safety is marginal (particularly against big heavy objects), the Sedona is MUCH safer than both the starex and venture

and sa pros:
    - parts and service is no problem, unlike the minivans

6. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    and one more thing, mas mahal ang 9 seater na starex compare to 12 seater na starex due to it's suspension, 9 seater is coil spring then 12 seater uses leaf spring.., mas matagtag ang 12 seater.........but if you have extra bucks to burn, go for the starex club. mga 1M , which is leather seat and captain seat ang second row...:roll:

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Otep, pwede ba talaga mitsubishi parts?
    Yup, rebodied Space Gear ang Starex. Pero halata pa rin sa front quarter window at side mirrors ang kanyang family history.

mk, mbt,

The LSD is useful for backing up steep driveways or ramps or sa grass during picnics. Lalo na kung madulas. Sa mga ganyang sitwasyon. Wala nang ibang ginawa ang Besta ko kundi dumulas.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I have driven a 4X4 Club. Sarap dalhin parang Pajero. Ang taas pa.

Dreamcar ko nga 4X4 na SVX, eh. Pero masyado pa din mahal and nakahanap ako ng Pajero at the right time and the right price.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mk
    and one more thing, mas mahal ang 9 seater na starex compare to 12 seater na starex due to it's suspension, 9 seater is coil spring then 12 seater uses leaf spring.., mas matagtag ang 12 seater.........but if you have extra bucks to burn, go for the starex club. mga 1M , which is leather seat and captain seat ang second row...:roll:

The main reason why the "Jumbo" is cheaper from the RV models is the current tax scheme our government implies on automotive industry. Minimal seat configurations means more tax and vice versa. So the lower the passenger capacity, the higher the tax.

Then add the amenities the RV has compared to the Jumbo ones.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    mga sir: somebody mentioned - shift shock - sa cons, ano
    po ba ito?

i have an a/t starex, pag binigla mo apakan ang gas pedal hindi siya nagrerespond kaagad. in fact parang over rev ( kung sa m/t parang hindi pumasok sa gear at parang nasa neutral pag apak mo sa gas )

but i've learned to live with it, kaya alalay lang ang apak ko sa pedal (timplado ko na). i assumed it's just the way it is. can you guys enlighten me on this. tnx

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
What can u say about Starex?