New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) of the United States has reportedly started its preliminary investigation on the Hyundai Sonata’s alleged steering system problems.

The NHTSA has already looked at field reports on the Hyundai Sonata that allege “either a separation of the intermediate steering shaft assembly upper universal joint that resulted in a complete loss of steering capability or a loosening, but not complete separation, of the upper universal joint connection,” DetroitNews.com said.

The report said about 16,300 Sonata units are covered by the investigation. The units “were manufactured by Hyundai during the same month and had fewer than 600 miles (less than 1,000 kilometers) of service at the time of the reports.”
    http://www.topgear.com.ph/news/us-ro...teering-issues

But HARI says our local Sonata is not included kasi hydraulic ang PS natin at sa US EPS... Also as far as I know, US Sonata's are made in Alabama. Our Sonata is made in Korea...

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    http://www.topgear.com.ph/news/us-ro...teering-issues

But HARI says our local Sonata is not included kasi hydraulic ang PS natin at sa US EPS... Also as far as I know, US Sonata's are made in Alabama. Our Sonata is made in Korea...

Medyo mahirap pa mag comment since very few people own Sonata yet. My cousin has one but it's only 2 weeks old so I don't think lalabas na yun problem if ever meron.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    FYI, there is no recall order yet by NHTSA for 2011 Sonatas. This is just an investigation on two complaints and both are already addressed by Hyundai.

What is on recall now are Kia Soul and Kia Sorento.

I'm a Sonata owner and I drive 80+ mph daily (130+ kph). I do not experience any anomaly yet as far as steering disconnect is concerned. I feel a little swaying on the freeway but it could be the road or wind drag. So far, nothing much to worry unless NHTSA finds something worthy of issuing a recall order.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    maybe they're investigating to keep the price of Hyundai sonata up kasi nga sobrang value for money dyan sa inyo. to address the fed investigation will certainly cost Hyundai money. yun lang media to reverse the perception, mukang millions of dollars ang uubusin ng Hyundai america.

and san pa ba babawiin yun kungdi sa srp ng binebenta nila

yan siguro ang level evener na inevitably mangyayari, Hyundai can't just sell benz like cars at lower than camry prices. that is just too good to be true. mahirap din kasi talaga mag-sell ng cheap kasi definitely open for quality attacks yan.

mid-level size cars are American car dealers and manufacturers' bread and butter. and here come's Hyundai with a good car but soo irresistible prices. the "powers that be" must move fast

di din nagkakaiba ang style dyan sa US compared dito sa attack and collect

mas intelihente nga lang ang dating dyan sa inyo

US Sonata's have steering problems?