New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Hi Guys,

Can you please share your insights which is the best of them and why? I like em all but at the end of the day I can only end up with one. Please help me decide with your reviews about these cars.

Regards,

T|tan

2. Join Date
    May 2010
    TUCSON premium

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Eto naging pinaka masakit na nangyari sa purchase ko.

Binili ko yung Tucson R-eVGT Premium March 2010 (ako unang nagkaroon)

Pero lumabas yung Sonata Premium nung August

But I'm happy with my decision.

Depende naman kasi sa needs mo yan. Pero kung hindi R-eVGT yung Tucson na kukunin mo, mag Sonata ka nalang.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Well we have a Subaru FXT. I am looking for ride comfort, bang, for the buck, looks and efficiency in the long run. I went to the dealership and found the Tucson very enticing.. I love the idea of the diesel.. however, I am wondering if the new diesel engine is really silent running and vibration free in cabin. I was also thinking of long term would it be better maintaining a gas or a diesel engine in respect to the new technology of the diesel r engines. The sonata also is so nice, I would say it has its own panache.. I like it, but in the end which would be more logical to get, also resale value wise. We have 3.0 Kia Pregio import and that was noisy and shaky, at its time it had the best ride comfort of them all minus the engine noise.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    ^ since you already have an SUV and a van, I'd suggest the Sonata na lang. But if you want an SUV pa rin, get the Tucson Gas Premium if you are after the engine being very silent vs. the diesel although bang for the buck, the TOTL diesel is hands down the best among your choices.

So far not much reliability issue with those rides you want.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    If you're thinking about the resale value, yari ka sa Sonata. Lahat ng mid-size sedan dito mababa ang resale value.

Yung Tucson R-eVGT naman, walang vibration sa loob. Its not like the old school diesel na shaky at sobrang ingay.

Mas nag-eenjoy ako sa engine noise ng R-eVGT than Theta II. Tsaka if you want to at least match the power of the FXT, The Tucson R-eVGT Premium is the answer.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Starex Gold,

I have also thought of that. Mainly my folks will be the ones using it and probably from time to time I also might. My mom is a sedan type my dad likes the looks of the tucson. I like the Sonata because the white version of it has this air of class specially rolling down the highway. It will look good on V40 vkool tints, it's so fresh and elegant looking. The wheels of the sonata copies the E-class. The interior, I'm thinking of getting an dvd/gps screen setup. But I have not heard of the downside of the sonata also the tucson. What are the issues of the Sonata and the Tucson? Ride quality of the tucson compared to the sonata, how does it manage the bumps, wavy highways, twist and turns?

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Twist and turns, of course Sonata wins, iba parin talaga handling ng car, bro.

Sa bumps, yan medyo masakit. The ASD feature of the Tucson Premium and Sonata Premium made the ride worse than the lower variants with no ASD shock absorbers. Medyo matagtag sya pero tolerable naman. Sa Sonata, naging sporty yung feeling ng stiffness ng ride. Unlike sa Camry na sobrang comfy, ang boring naman. Yung Tucson for me sakto lang yung stiffness ng suspension (compared to my 3rd gen CR-V) considering na 18" 55 series pa ang tires.

Basta ganito yan, kahit alin sa dalawa ang piliin mo, hindi ka nagkamali. Panalo ang brand na pinili mo. Tutal e pareho naman silang Premium, hindi nagkalayo ng features.

Tucson Diesel Premium or Tucson Gas Premium or Sonata Premium