New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    hello everyone, i am new to this forum, my question pertains to optimum tire pressure for the starex. I have a 2004 M/T and just recently changed my stock hankook with a michelin vanpix. i was loading a 40psi with the previous korean tire, but apparently, i only need to fill it up daw with 30psi only. btw, i had nitrogen placed in my tires too.
    any comments or help on this issue would be greatly appreciated.
    dagger38

2. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Hello dagger38. Welcome to the tsikot.com forums. Please click on this link for more details on Starex' tires http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showt...essure&page=34

Hope this helps

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I have Dunlop SP601 on my 1999 Starex TDIC A/T and I keep my tire pressure at just 35psi. For me, the ride feels to be better at this pressure. It hasn't shown any signs of early tire wear thus far. So you'll have to decide if the recommended 40 psi works for you.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    thank you radical and hoy micky,
    the one who installed and the staff really just recommended a 30psi for the michelin vanpix. i will check out the thread right now c/o radical.
    once again thank you

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I use 35 psi on the Dunlop EC201 tires that are on my Starex. Ride comfort and handling are good, and the tires don't show signs of premature wear after more than six months of use.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I have to take back what I said about the 35 psi... about four weeks ago I noticed that my left front tire would always become underinflated after only 3 or 4 days. Then, two weeks ago, while I was about to head home from the cafe, I heard a loud hissing sound and I immediately knew I had to pull over and check the tires.

After I had put the spare tire on, I found this crack in the Dunlop EC201 that I replaced:

I had the cracked tire replaced with a Michelin Vanpix, but the tire technician recommended that I only load 32 psi in it instead of my usual 35 psi, since I do mostly highway driving, and since the Starex is a heavy vehicle.

Anyway, I'll see in a few months time if the Vanpix fares better than the Dunlops.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mikey177 View Post
    I have to take back what I said about the 35 psi... about four weeks ago I noticed that my left front tire would always become underinflated after only 3 or 4 days. Then, two weeks ago, while I was about to head home from the cafe, I heard a loud hissing sound and I immediately knew I had to pull over and check the tires.

After I had put the spare tire on, I found this crack in the Dunlop EC201 that I replaced:

I had the cracked tire replaced with a Michelin Vanpix, but the tire technician recommended that I only load 32 psi in it instead of my usual 35 psi, since I do mostly highway driving, and since the Starex is a heavy vehicle.

Anyway, I'll see in a few months time if the Vanpix fares better than the Dunlops.
    Mikey177,

How have the Vanpix tires fared so far?

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    samin model hankook plus 205/70R15/995
    PSi 40

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by GSTM9 View Post
    Mikey177,

How have the Vanpix tires fared so far?

Mukhang busy si mikey177, so I am sharing my experience....

Bro.,- I've been using the Michelin Vanpix tyres for almost/over 6 months now. Got them from Minerva, Macapagal Ave. Tyre pressure is 35psi for all four. They loaded it with N2.

Satisfied with the tyres' performance. No unusual wear and tear noticed. Although I must say that I probably ran only 5T Km on them...

5808:bee:

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    35 psi won't make it more prone to cracking. In fact, it's better to keep inflation high to minimize sidewall wear (due to the weight of the vehicle).

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Tire pressure- starex