New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Hello. Iniisip ko bumili ng used Eon dahil ang main goal ko ay maka tipid sa gas. Right now 97 Lancer pizza pie glxi (AT) ang gamit ko and ang fuel consumption nya ay 7 km/l (Las Pinas city driving).

Matipid ba Eon for city driving (all things considered like not being heavy on the gas pedal, no sudden starts/braking,etc)? Pwede na ba for a family of 4 (3 adults and 1 child). I'm 6 feet at asawa ko 4'1. Masikip ba sa harap?

If ok ang Eon any particular year/model you'd recommend?

Ang budget ko ay 250k.

If hindi Eon paki recommend kung ano mas ok na 2nd hand for 250k.

Salamat bros.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    From a 4 door sedan to a mini/micro car.

Sikip nyan.

Kung lagi kayo puno, mas malakas sa gas yan kasi maliit na engine tapos puno pa lagi.

Power to weight ratio is not on your side

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by sirkosero View Post

Sikip nyan.

Kung lagi kayo puno, mas malakas sa gas yan kasi maliit na engine tapos puno pa lagi.

ok naman basta manual transmission...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

4. Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by sirkosero View Post

Sikip nyan.

Tama. Makakatipid sa pagbili kasi mura, pero pag sa consumption same lang din.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Wala ba sa ganyang price range ang Mirage 2012 o 2013 GLX?

6. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Punta ka sa mga naka display na eon sa casa or sa mall. Check mo kung comfortable sayo. Nakasakay ako sa eon ng brother in law ko kahapon. Medyo nasisikipan ako (5’8”).

About the gas, 200 per day daw consumption nya (approximately 90 kms round trip) per day. Gen Trias to Ortigas.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    salamat sa mga replies and info mga sirs. hindi kaya ng budget (250k) ko ang mirage at this time. pag isipan muna namin where to go from here kung hindi eon ang kukunin.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Picanto. Baka mas mura sa 250k.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    There is no situation in this Universe (apart, probably, from filling the engine with sludge) wherein an Eon will consume as much gasoline as an AT-equipped Lancer.

Even with a full load of passengers and luggage, an Eon will do 20++++ km/l easily on the highway.

You should see some 10-12 km/l in the city with the Eon in places where you get 7 km/l with the Lancer.

-

BUT: The Eon is tiny. Four people will fit (a 6' friend drove one once, and he managed to drive 5 up to Baguio), but whoever is sitting behind you won't like it. And the clutch is a bit iffy... very easy to stall the engine. And there's almost no luggage space.

You can get an Alto for less... but it's even more of a penalty box. Economy is actually better than the Eon's, but I'd only recommend it if you're driving alone all the time and only need a car as an alternative to a scooter.

Picantos, older i10s... nice to drive. Great refinement. Fuel economy? So-so. Better than the Lancer, but not by as much as you'd think.

With a 250k budget, earlier Mirages are within reach already. More powerful engine than the Eon, much, MUCH better crash safety, much more legroom and cargo space, and fuel economy that's much better than your Lancer.

Celerios are also within budget, but only the earlier ones. Those have a tiny back seat.

The new Celerio has similar space and a bigger trunk than the Mirage, drives better, and has slightly better fuel economy... but you will have to haggle VERY hard to get the price down to 250k.

Wigos are also within the range, but the first generation Wigo isn't as economical as the other two, and I'm kind of "eh" on the interior. Also, a friend relayed the info that when pricing an AC compressor, he got quoted 30k for one... OUTSIDE the casa... which is insane considering the size of these things. Guess the Toyota parts thing only works for cars like the Vios or the old Corolla.

Lots of cars fit within the 250k bduget... but these three are the most realistic that will give you great mileage.

If you're okay with just "good" mileage, you can look at older Honda Jazzes and Cities, which have more room, or even 1.3 liter compacts, but with cars that size at that price, you're looking at "other people's problems"... at least with the three minis, they're still pretty fresh at 250k, needing minimal repairs. Maybe an AC compressor or some suspension issues, but no major problems with the engines and (manual) transmissions.
    Last edited by niky; January 29th, 2018 at 04:35 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    *niky: thanks for taking the time to post a detailed and very informative reply.

maybe i'm not looking around hard enough but i can't find a mirage that's priced * < 300k (using tsikot). if i did though i'd probably get a mirage. where can i find one around that price range?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast