New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    sir:

ask ko lang kung anong model ng starex ang meron ng 4wd and AT tranny. we decided na starex na kasi ang bibilhin pero di pa namin alam kung anung yr/mdl ang ok. maganda sana yung di mahihirapan sa baguio.

meron kasi starex 2002 svg, starex 2000 club, etc. di namin talaga alam yung code/type ng sgv, crdi, club etc. yung crdi daw kasi medyo mahal eh. budget namin is around 400k-500k. thanx
    Last edited by MJs; May 23rd, 2005 at 01:37 PM.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    i think the club version only differs in accessories n options, crdi dpat for better torque n hauling capability. but the base diesel starex is capable although kupad talaga pag fully loaded n paakyat, hated it on our starex RV before

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mas maganda ang manual transmission na starex sa automatic na starex, and thats with the CRDI engine. yung automatic sobrang bagal ng throttle response, it boggles the mind and the foot hehe.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    the reason why we prefer AT over MT para magamit ni misis. also 4WD para lakas sa akyatan.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    forgot to mention, our 1yr old a/t starex transmission at that time went into limp/safe mode 2 times, it wouldnt shift past 2nd gear. quirky a/t if u ask me.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBimmer
    forgot to mention, our 1yr old a/t starex transmission at that time went into limp/safe mode 2 times, it wouldnt shift past 2nd gear. quirky a/t if u ask me.

why? normal ba sa starex yun?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Try to look at the 2001 models if you have a budget of 500-600K... The a/t model performs okay as long as it's maintained properly and you don't really need to drive too fast (it can climb mountains, drive at good highway speeds and pass slow cars but don't expect quick reflexes to do instant passes moves). If you really want a 4wd, a m/t might be better in terms of climbing and speed over an a/t (i havent seen a a/t 4wd model up for sale yet though).

8. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by MJs
    why? normal ba sa starex yun?
    ewan lang, nawala naman sya n di na bumalik hehe

9. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj
    Try to look at the 2001 models if you have a budget of 500-600K... The a/t model performs okay as long as it's maintained properly and you don't really need to drive too fast (it can climb mountains, drive at good highway speeds and pass slow cars but don't expect quick reflexes to do instant passes moves). If you really want a 4wd, a m/t might be better in terms of climbing and speed over an a/t (i havent seen a a/t 4wd model up for sale yet though).
    ok thanks for the tip. kasi meron kami nakita sa buynsell na nakalagay AT 4wd, anyway double check ko ulit. we might settle for AT 4wd kung meron.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    its not true that 4wd will be "mas malakas sa akyatan". kung sa pavement lang din, 4wd will not offer too much traction over RWD, unless the road is wet.

unless you'll be going up mountains in the rain, or will take your starex rock-hopping, it'd be more sensible to get RWD.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Starex, what model is a good buy