New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Please post contact person number and dealer...

I have already asked Hyundai Global and they gave me the ff quote:

Unit 805T
    Conversion 88T its called "School Service"
    Rear Aircon 35T

Grandtotal of 928T

If I can get 880T (converted and insurance and aircon) will buy one already!

Thanks!!!!

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by cta2 View Post
    Please post contact person number and dealer...

I have already asked Hyundai Global and they gave me the ff quote:

Unit 805T
    Conversion 88T its called "School Service"
    Rear Aircon 35T

Grandtotal of 928T

If I can get 880T (converted and insurance and aircon) will buy one already!

Thanks!!!!
    contact lui in this forum. Masyadong mahal ang quote sa iyo. The unit cost is also 805K but He gave me a 55K discount. I am not sure if the 55k offer is still valid but I am quite sure my discount pa rin iyan. Aside from that our full conversion cost only 77K (75K lang kung carpet ang flooring). Rear aircon cost is also 30K. Initial test drive masyadong malamig ang aircon, kaya ang thermostat level sa gitna lang. Of course the van is only 2 days old kaya di pa masabi. Our plan is to convert all our company service L300FB to starex Pro if there are no major defects in 6 months time and we are satisfied with the starex pro.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    mabigat ba dalhin sa traffic compared to an L300FB?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by monmendoza View Post
    contact lui in this forum. Masyadong mahal ang quote sa iyo. The unit cost is also 805K but He gave me a 55K discount. I am not sure if the 55k offer is still valid but I am quite sure my discount pa rin iyan. Aside from that our full conversion cost only 77K (75K lang kung carpet ang flooring). Rear aircon cost is also 30K. Initial test drive masyadong malamig ang aircon, kaya ang thermostat level sa gitna lang. Of course the van is only 2 days old kaya di pa masabi. Our plan is to convert all our company service L300FB to starex Pro if there are no major defects in 6 months time and we are satisfied with the starex pro.
    Malamig talaga ang aircon ng Starex, front and rear. Kaya kahit mabagal yung dati naming Starex, comfortable pa rin siya sa loob, kaya di nakakainis.

Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    mabigat ba dalhin sa traffic compared to an L300FB?
    This I'd like to find out. Our 2.6L NA AT Jumbo (and 9 seater as well) is slow. Perhaps a relatively lighter (because it's bare-er) MT 2.6L NA Jumbo would be a bit quicker.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post
    Malamig talaga ang aircon ng Starex, front and rear. Kaya kahit mabagal yung dati naming Starex, comfortable pa rin siya sa loob, kaya di nakakainis.

This I'd like to find out. Our 2.6L NA AT Jumbo (and 9 seater as well) is slow. Perhaps a relatively lighter (because it's bare-er) MT 2.6L NA Jumbo would be a bit quicker.
    I test drive it yesterday. In flat roads, its not obvious that it is slow, but going up to Antipolo, or any winding road uphill for that matter like baguio or sagada , I don't think that it will compare with a starex crdi . Not even close.
    But compared to an L300, mas madali siyang drive lalo na hinde ako sanay sa kambio ng L300 na nasa steering wheel. It also faster than an L300 FB. Masyado kasing makalampag ang L300FB kahit nong bagong deliver iyon, tumutunog ang upuan pag nakafold. The ride is also very smooth. It does not seem like a leaf spring suspension.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I test drive it yesterday. In flat roads, its not obvious that it is slow, but going up to Antipolo, or any winding road uphill for that matter like baguio or sagada , I don't think that it will compare with a starex crdi . Not even close.
    But compared to an L300, mas madali siyang drive lalo na hinde ako sanay sa kambio ng L300 na nasa steering wheel. It also faster than an L300 FB. Masyado kasing makalampag ang L300FB kahit nong bagong deliver iyon, tumutunog ang upuan pag nakafold. The ride is also very smooth. It does not seem like a leaf spring suspension.
    Oh, it's not going to be close to the CRDi. Maybe a bit closer, if ever, to the TDIC, but not the CRDi on full boil. Hehehe!

I think the L300 is more geared to low speed hauling, rather than being comfortable doing some relatively high speed highway cruising. I think due to the additional weight, our LWB Jumbo didn't seem less comfortable compared to our SWB GRX. I'd like to know eventually how the Starex overall (emphasis on the suspension) will fare when doing more PRO/L300 FB duties. I hope it's up to the task.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    14 seater yan?Parang yan ang 18 seater version ng Starex Pro..Ok naman yan kaysa sa Urvan Shuttle na vinyl ang seat trim..Ang alam ko ang aircon ng Starex Pro ay galing sa Phil Air(in short local lang ang aircon nya)...But ok nayan...

Anyway kukuha rin kami nyan(16 seater version nga lang) para isama sa Urvan ng lola ko..

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ah talaga? Local na yung air con ng Pro? Well, I hope ok pa rin yan. Sayang naman kung hindi, madadamay pa ang rep nung ibang Starex kung sakaling hindi malamig ang aircon ng Pro.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post
    Ah talaga? Local na yung air con ng Pro? Well, I hope ok pa rin yan. Sayang naman kung hindi, madadamay pa ang rep nung ibang Starex kung sakaling hindi malamig ang aircon ng Pro.
    The aircon is orginal factory aircon from Korea. What is local is the rear aircon which is connected to the same compressor. They just added an expansion valve and evaporator . The Difference compared to the aircon of the FB, is that the Starex Pro rear aircon has its own separate condenser (aircon radiator) different from the condenser of the front aircon. The way I remember our L300 FB they share only one condenser for the front and rear aircon evaporator.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The aircon is orginal factory aircon from Korea. What is local is the rear aircon which is connected to the same compressor. They just added an expansion valve and evaporator . The Difference compared to the aircon of the FB, is that the Starex Pro rear aircon has its own separate condenser (aircon radiator) different from the condenser of the front aircon. The way I remember our L300 FB they share only one condenser for the front and rear aircon evaporator.
    Ah ok. Thanks for the clarification. This should still be ok.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
The Starex Pro - 14 Seater Van