New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    hi peeps, ok ba ang starex grx (non - crdi) because we are planning to buy one.... nabasa kasi ng dad ko sa dyaryo na may promo yata, it's either you get a free 8" dvd entertainment system, or free hyundai home theater system or a 20,000 peso discount if you buy the car pero non crd-i lang nga...
    any rplies would be greatly appreciated...thanks

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    IF the price is right, ok na siya. I wouldn't mind having one. You give up around 40 horsepower but it's ok.

Non-CRDi yung Starex ng girlfriend ko. Pati girlfriend ng kapatid ko naka-non-CRDi. Adequate performance naman.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    you choose:

"8 dvd entertainment system / hyundai entertainment system / 20,000 discount

OR

40 HORSEPOWER

:D

on a more serious note, the non-crdi starex is not bad. it wouldn't be voted best van/people carrier for nothing

I'd pick the CRDi... newer engine, more power, more savings on gas.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Get a japanese made vehicle. hyundai is not good.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by SubaruSti
    then why is the Hyundai Sonata the Best Car 2004 of Consumer Report?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by SubaruSti
    What a hasty generalization...

8. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ILuvDetailing
    I'd pick the CRDi... newer engine, more power, more savings on gas.
    Also less tolerant of local fuels, and that could lead to blocked/clogged fuel injectors. You'd have to change fuel filters more frequently to avoid it. Not really worth it, IMHO.

Ok na yung non-CRDi na Starex. Personally I don't see the point behind the CRDi hype. It sounds good, it performs good, but considering its one big handicap, the technology can still be refined and improved over time. No reason to get overexcited yet.

Besides, 40 horsepower is hardly a loss if local traffic conditions barely allow you to take advantage of it, anyway.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    i ask an agent why they are promoting the non CRD-i, and not giving much freebies on CRDi units..

He answer me that cause in Korea they ARE NOT AMYNORE PRODUCING NON CRDI ENGINES, all engines manufactured there are all CRDi na, cause it's the technology of today and tomorrw..

That's why they are trying to sell out all their remaining inventories of this TDIC engine cause it might harder to dispose as time passes by now very fast and also competition from other manufacturers...

WBR,

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    So if you want a non-CRDi engine Starex, now is the time to buy.

Btw, Korea is still producing non-CRDi engines. The Pregio can even be fitted with a 4d56 in Korea. Most light to medium commercial vehicles still use non-CRDi engines. Even commercial (base) versions of the Starex can be had with non-CRDi engines.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
is Starex GRX (non-CRD-i) a good buy?