New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hi guys, long time no see! Tagal ako nawala at di ako maka-post dati, ngayon ko lang nasubok ulit.

Would anyone know the location of the ECU of a hyundai starex grx? the casa had just given me a quote (again!) for P1xx,xxx and sad to say pagod na ko kakabayad sa kanila. i have already spent more than 400k for my 2 rides (sta fe and starex grx) and lately the grx's ecu just died. lintek na Ondoy yan, nag-1 year anniversary na dumadale pa din.

intermittent kasi yung problem. sometimes the engine is ok, then suddenly the instrument panel (which is new) suddenly dies, all the gauges's dials fall to zero but the lights on the panel work. the engine will miss-fire on one or more cylinders (most of the time cylinder #4), and of course the tail pipe will smoke. looks to me like a loose/corroded connector or even corroded ic pin. if i can get to the ecu then i can take it to Ramsa or elsewhere. di ko kasi pwede i-byahe ang starex at baka tumirik ako so i need to remove the ecu and bring it to the repair shop.

Can anyone please recommend a shop that can repair an ecu and abs module besides Ramsa. I'm in QC kasi so Ramsa is a bit far from where i am. i heard there is one in Aurora blvd near one of the mrt stations but don't know the name or location of that shop. please post if you know.

thanks to all replies.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    Hi guys, long time no see! Tagal ako nawala at di ako maka-post dati, ngayon ko lang nasubok ulit.

Would anyone know the location of the ECU of a hyundai starex grx? the casa had just given me a quote (again!) for P1xx,xxx and sad to say pagod na ko kakabayad sa kanila. i have already spent more than 400k for my 2 rides (sta fe and starex grx) and lately the grx's ecu just died. lintek na Ondoy yan, nag-1 year anniversary na dumadale pa din.

intermittent kasi yung problem. sometimes the engine is ok, then suddenly the instrument panel (which is new) suddenly dies, all the gauges's dials fall to zero but the lights on the panel work. the engine will miss-fire on one or more cylinders (most of the time cylinder #4), and of course the tail pipe will smoke. looks to me like a loose/corroded connector or even corroded ic pin. if i can get to the ecu then i can take it to Ramsa or elsewhere. di ko kasi pwede i-byahe ang starex at baka tumirik ako so i need to remove the ecu and bring it to the repair shop.

Can anyone please recommend a shop that can repair an ecu and abs module besides Ramsa. I'm in QC kasi so Ramsa is a bit far from where i am. i heard there is one in Aurora blvd near one of the mrt stations but don't know the name or location of that shop. please post if you know.

thanks to all replies.

Yebooooooooo! Kamustas!?

Long time no post nga!
    Nadale pala ni Ondoy SF mo?

Kamusta naman sa ngayon ang SF?
    Starex GRX CRDi na ba? anugn year model? TDi yata walang ECU correct if I'm wrong

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    oo nga e miss ko tsikot tuloy hehehehe

ang SF ko may red light pa din sa display, naka-ilaw pa din ang abs - replaced tcm, ecu, bcm, abs module, aircon panel, auto door locks, etc etc, total expenses ko nasa 250k na. still need to change 4WD module para daw mawala ang abs warning light. sira pa din windshield wiper, need to replace pulse generator daw, don't know what that is. ayos naman ang wiper motor wala lang yung intermittent.

crdi na yung starex. umabot na din ako more than 150k sa gastos dito. ngayon gusto palitan ng hyundai casa ang ecu, abs module, etc etc. 1 year na sumasakit ulo ko hehehehe!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nakita ko na! traced the wires from the injectors on the engine back to the right side kick panel.

medyo may asin pa yata, tried cleaning with contact cleaner, wala din lalo umusok. need to bring this to ramsa...

5. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    oo nga e miss ko tsikot tuloy hehehehe

ang SF ko may red light pa din sa display, naka-ilaw pa din ang abs - replaced tcm, ecu, bcm, abs module, aircon panel, auto door locks, etc etc, total expenses ko nasa 250k na. still need to change 4WD module para daw mawala ang abs warning light. sira pa din windshield wiper, need to replace pulse generator daw, don't know what that is. ayos naman ang wiper motor wala lang yung intermittent.

crdi na yung starex. umabot na din ako more than 150k sa gastos dito. ngayon gusto palitan ng hyundai casa ang ecu, abs module, etc etc. 1 year na sumasakit ulo ko hehehehe!
    Anak ng!!!! Pinakyaw mo na parts ng CASA ah! Teka wala palang AOG insurance mo? Mapapa OMG ka nga nyan!

Ka idad ng SF ko ang SF mo sayang naman! Sana maibalik pa sa dating pristine condition. Hintayin mo nalang ang 3rd Gen SF tsaka mo swap para may peace of mind ka
    Last edited by trackers888; November 16th, 2010 at 09:27 PM.

Starex GRX ECU location??