New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Guys...

I'll just be asking if the Mitsubishi brake pads & shoes being used in the Spacegear/L300/Pajero can be used for the Hyundai Starex?

Can you also give comments to the "RICO Japan" brake pads & shoes being sold in almost all automotive shops? Are they a good substitute for OEM brake pads and shoes?

Thanks in advance....

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    No you cannot use them, I did tried it already with a Space Gear pad and it does not fit perfectly.

Better look for the pad compounds, metallic or organic / artificial or non-organic, they could cause much more brake dusts.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yes, Mitsubishi parts will work but not necessarily Space Gear or L200. Nakita ko dun sa box ng replacements dati. Kaso part numbers lang nakalagay so I don't know for what specific model siya.l

I don't know about RICO parts. If you're going for replacements better get Bendix.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hint: I have recently discovered that Pajero and Starex rear diff bearings are identical. This might give you some idea what specific model to look for. :D

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I just bought this afternoon RICO rear brake shoes for my rear drums. Made in Japan naman. Got it for P980. Quality looks good. Didn't have time lang to have it installed. Maybe after the 4x4 clinic. Its a steal considering that the OEM rear brake shoes for the vitara is P3600.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Thanks guys.

I tried looking for Bendix brake pads for Starex but I couldn't find one. I tried asking around town pero all they have are the "RICO Japan" pads and shoes. Sobrang mahal kasi kapag sa kasa kukuha...

Any other suggestion guys? Or if you know any auto shops that sells Bendix for Starex, can you kindly post it here?

Thanks again.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Have you tried Fronte Motors or Ayala Parts International in Banawe? They retail Hyundai Starex parts. Yun eh kung habol mo ang OEM parts. Magkatapat lang sila, it's easier to canvass between those stores. Makakatulong pa minsan kung wala sila papasa ka nila sa ibang auto supply na meron nung hinahanap mo.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Thanks.

I would try calling them.
    I just hope that they'll have a good price for those items.

:-)

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Its nearly impossible to find Bendix brake shoes for your rear drums. Pero available ang Bendix for front discs

10. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    wala yatang drum brakes ang bendix

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Starex Brake Pads & Brake Shoes