New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by parakitoJDM View Post
    is this isolated case? ano na resolution ng problem, napalitan ba ng Hyundai yung said part under Warranty - Free of Charge?
    Negative pa Sir parakito. Di pa rin napapalitan ng casa. The worst part is that the problem came back again last week. That time, it lasted for about 20 minutes. Natatakot nga yung kaibigan ko that time, kasi it might cause an accident. So, she brought the unit again at the Hyundai Shaw. Luckily that time, their chief technician was there and at that time, they were able to personally witness the problem. It was the first time that they actually tested the unit where the problem was actually experienced by them.

The unit was asked to be left for 2 nights. They just had the sensor re-set. They still have not replace the Oil Temp Sensor. According to them, they will have the part ready within the week. Will provide update soon.

2. Join Date
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by emonem View Post
    i have the exact problem with my SF same model. The problem will only be read in the computer when you hear the THUG sound. If you turn off the engine the THUG sound will go.
    Ask the casa to replace the TRANSMISSION SOLENOID. Small part that fits on your hand. 2 yrs after my SF still ok.
    Already mentioned the solenoid to them. They said that accdg to their diagnostic tests, the oil temp sensor is the part that is bringing out an error code. But, we will keep that in mind, in case, di pa rin maayos. Thanks, sir.

3. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by parakitoJDM View Post
    is this isolated case? ano na resolution ng problem, napalitan ba ng Hyundai yung said part under Warranty - Free of Charge?
    I think the transmission issue w/ SF is not an isolated case. Been following different forums the the all report same issues with the transmission. Even the Sorrento suffers the same issue.

But after the replacement of the transmission solenoid everything is ok. Nothing to complain about

4. Join Date
    May 2012
    The oil temp sensor was the part that got replaced. According to my friend, the problem is almost gone, except for a slight nudge she feels sometimes when the gear shifts. If the problem persists, i will ask them to check the transmisson solenoid.

On a related topic, i hope this is not related to a problem mentioned in one of the threads on this site regarding connivance of some casa people in swapping of good parts from cars undergoing PMS to some unscrupolous individuals. The problem started after her 10k kms PMS.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by peterstarr View Post
    The oil temp sensor was the part that got replaced. According to my friend, the problem is almost gone, except for a slight nudge she feels sometimes when the gear shifts. If the problem persists, i will ask them to check the transmisson solenoid.

On a related topic, i hope this is not related to a problem mentioned in one of the threads on this site regarding connivance of some casa people in swapping of good parts from cars undergoing PMS to some unscrupolous individuals. The problem started after her 10k kms PMS.
    Even if you insisted na dapat nang palitan yung xmission solenoid I don't think they would..why after the 10k PMS sa shop nila it happened? obviously dapat palitan talaga yan..or hintay na lang uli until the error code pertaining to that issue shows up I guess.
    Rampant sa 'pinas yang mga estilo na yan..syempre this is one way of subsidizing their low income..eh di mag generate ng income sa mga binabaklas na pyesa..it's not so far fetched kaya naniniwala ako sa haka haka nyo about parts swapping sa mga casa. Ako nga nahuli ko mekaniko na yung oil filter na binili ko ay di nya ikinabit dun sa motor ko for an oil change..nakalubog na kunyari yung lumang filter sa oil. After I got home pag check ko hindi naman yung filter ko ang nakakabit! Granted it was only a sub 200 peso part but they somehow earn extra bucks doing things this way..imagine kung magkano ang xmission solenoid sa casa...hmm

6. Join Date
    May 2012
    Update lang mga sir. The Oil Temp Sensor was replaced in October. Eversince, it's now Ok. Problem never came back. Thanks mga brods.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by peterstarr View Post
    Update lang mga sir. The Oil Temp Sensor was replaced in October. Eversince, it's now Ok. Problem never came back. Thanks mga brods.
    Hi, ito ba yung pinalitan?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3c30756e-b684-4ee3-b101-f6a31e6fe574.jpg  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sta Fe Transmisson Lag