New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    nonsense nanaman, OB ikaw ba yan? :bwahaha:

i'd like to quote ghosthunter's post sa bbc regarding OB..

Kindness has its limits. You have ceased to be funny a lot time ago. You are now just annoying or pathetic. Sometimes even both.
    :rofl01:
    Last edited by BlueBimmer; December 27th, 2007 at 10:17 AM.

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    Minero: All of the 139 units affected are in USA (made in USA as well), as the recall states, none were sold to customers.
    thanks HP!!!

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    naku... sana naman walang dyahe sa kinukuha naming sf... 2 araw na akong excited e. ilang araw na lang release na. woohoo! may club ba sta fe? inggit ako sa pinsan ko sa vios club nila e.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    naku... sana naman walang dyahe sa kinukuha naming sf... 2 araw na akong excited e. ilang araw na lang release na. woohoo! may club ba sta fe? inggit ako sa pinsan ko sa vios club nila e.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by forterra View Post
    [SIZE=3]Hello everyone! Like what I’ve said, the purpose of this thread is just for the safety of all the owners of Santa Fe out there.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]I don’t care what other people say as long as I know that what I’m doing is right for the all the viewers of this Thread. (Make them aware and verify with dealers if the problem is still present with their units)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]For me, a good car will remain good even if other people criticize it.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Peace to everyone! Happy New Year![/SIZE]
    We aren't arguing that you have no right to post this information. Indeed, it's good to be informed.

The debate is whether or not this should be a sticky.

A thread is stickied if the problem is major enough to warrant concern for local consumers. Such has happened with the thread about Toyota D4D problems, which has affected dozens of buyers of Toyota Diesels, both on tsikot and out in the real world.

That's also the case with the Honda Civic cam position sensor problems and the Innova rear driveshaft recall, which directly affect Filipino consumers.

There is no sticky, however, regarding CRV fires... there is a recall defect on US CRVs which cause them to catch fire due to a mis-specced oil filter.

There is also numerous Toyota recalls in the US, which, though people post them here... are NOT stickied, because they have absolutely nothing to do with local Toyota owners.

Now, if this thread were about Hyundai Starex aircon problems or transmission problems, it would deserve to be a sticky.

The recalls listed in your links refer to the previous generation Santa Fe, which was never sold here.

The other recall pertains to 2006 Santa Fes built in the US only. Also not sold here... and, as stated, none of the affected units were sold to customers.

Neither of these recalls affect current or future owners of Santa Fes in the Philippines. Not at all.

Thus, this thread doesn't need to be stickied. The fact that it still is is quite perplexing to me.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    guys let's just take this positively, atleast aware tayo sa maaring maging problem/s ng SF at mapaghandaan.

belated happy new year!

7. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    re. sticky, dapat sa mods itanong yan

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Well, making this thread still open or even making it a sticky is very misleading to potential Santa Fe buyers who might think that there's a REAL recall for units being sold here.

How many people have just seen the title of this thread without opening the links posted and reading carefully (as what Horsepower did)?

The said recall was made over a year ago.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    How many people have just seen the title of this thread without opening the links posted and reading carefully (as what Horsepower did)?
    I did too. But, the motive of the thread starter seemed more important. I felt if the thread starter really wanted to do a good deed, then he should've posted recalls for other makes as well. Singling out the Santa Fe made it seem like he has an ax to grind.

If he does have an ax to grind, then just come out in the open and say it. Most cars have faults. No need to be underhanded about it.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; January 6th, 2008 at 05:52 AM.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by C190 View Post
    Wala kasi kayong posts na negative feedbacks sa ride nyo,puro na lang papuri sa SF ang nababasa nila
    ayaw ko ng sta fe. mahal di ko kayang bilhin

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
RECALL:  2007   Hyundai Santa Fe