New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    BB: actually, yung sa'yo may recall sa Japan. Search mo about Muffler, Accelerator pedal carpet. The past models had problems with water leakage and electrical circuit problems.

This is not an attack against you or something (hey forget Oldblue), I just found it quite important since safety issue ito. At least, my conscience is clear that I passed you the info I found which you can now use.

A quick google would reveal this:

Friday, Dec. 14, 2007

MMC to recall 10,000 Outlanders
    Kyodo News
    Mitsubishi Motors Corp. said Thursday it will recall 10,123 units of the Outlander sport utility vehicle to repair a component that affixes the muffler cutter to the exhaust muffler.
    In a report filed with the Land, Infrastructure and Transport Ministry, MMC said it will recall SUVs made between September 2006 and July to replace the defective bracket with a stronger bracket free of charge.
    The bracket could break as it is not strong enough to withstand vibration, the automaker said, adding that the muffler cutter, an ornamental exterior accessory, could come off the chassis in the worst case.
    MMC said it has received 12 complaints from drivers.

-quoted from Japan Times (japantimes.co.jp)

Mitsubishi ZE and ZF Outlander Recall

Date: 29/11/2007
    Supplier Name: Mitsubishi Motors Australia Ltd
    Product Make: Mitsubishi Outlander
    Product Model: ZE and ZF
    Target Number: 11,164
    Model Years From: 2003 to 2007
    Consequences: In the worse case condition the carpet mat may delay the return of the throttle pedal after full throttle acceleration.
    Campaign Number:
    VIN Range: JMFXRCU4W3U000201 and JMFXRCU5W7U002473
    Serial Range:
    Product Info:
    Defect Details: The front edge of the older design genuine accessory carpet mat overlaps the arc of travel of the accelerator pedal. This creates the potential for interference of the carpet mat with the accelerator at the full throttle position.
    Consumer action: Contact your nearest Mitsubishi dealer
    Market Coverage: National
    Recall Coverage: National

Mitsubishi Motors to recall 13,000 vehicles worldwide

Friday, December 14, 2007
    Bloomberg

TOKYO -- Mitsubishi Motors Corp., Japan's sixth-largest carmaker, will recall about 13,000 vehicles worldwide to fix faulty mufflers cutters. The company will recall Outlander sport-utility vehicles made between Sept. 2006 and July 2007, it said in a statement to the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport. There were no accidents related to the defects, the company said. The carmaker will recall 10,123 vehicles in Japan and about 3,200 vehicles in New Zealand, Australia and South Africa, Seiichiro Maeshiro, a company spokesman said.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    delikado pala ang carpet saka muffler cutter ng outlander

3. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    BB: actually, yung sa'yo may recall sa Japan. Search mo about Muffler, Accelerator pedal carpet. The past models had problems with water leakage and electrical circuit problems.

This is not an attack against you or something (hey forget Oldblue), I just found it quite important since safety issue ito. At least, my conscience is clear that I passed you the info I found which you can now use.

A quick google would reveal this:
    ay minor lang yan, kung sakaling mahulog man ang muffler ko ok lang, papalitan pa ng casa ng bnew, konting reklamo lang sa frend kong may-ari ng casa hehehe

carpet? wala yan, i use 3M nomad carpet, mas cheap pa nga yang oem carpet hehehe

meron pa ata isang recall, re. engine throttle delay ata or something, pero di ko pa naranasan.

i did not spend even 1cent on my outlander, bigay lang naman ito, wala akong pake sa mga ganyan na issue hahahahaa

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by newblue View Post
    delikado pala ang carpet saka muffler cutter ng outlander
    nakow........

5. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    wups, ty pala sa info HP, maybe other outlander owners who shelled out their hard-earned money for their rides may be interested

6. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBimmer View Post
    Fe owners, let it go..just let it go
    Letting go na. Peace sa mga critics jan.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    OK, New Year na naman. Just let it go na lang and Peace to everyone here in Tsikot.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    parang naging normal na yata ngayon ang mga recall sa bagong kotse. Pero I'm thinking of it positively dahil sa inaamin ng mga manufacturers ang kahinaan ng product nila at inaayos ng walang bayad.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    wow ngayon ko lang nabasa to,

merry christmas and happy new year sa lahat!

10. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    [SIZE=3]Hello everyone! Like what I’ve said, the purpose of this thread is just for the safety of all the owners of Santa Fe out there.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]I don’t care what other people say as long as I know that what I’m doing is right for the all the viewers of this Thread. (Make them aware and verify with dealers if the problem is still present with their units)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]For me, a good car will remain good even if other people criticize it.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Peace to everyone! Happy New Year![/SIZE]

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
RECALL:  2007   Hyundai Santa Fe