New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    You mean like the choking Toyota D-4D and Isuzu Trooper Injector problem? ehhehe

2. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    2007 HYUNDAI SANTA FE FUEL SYSTEM, GASOLINE:STORAGE
    Recall Date: 08/31/2006

Summary:
    ON CERTAIN SPORT UTILITY VEHICLES, THE WALL THICKNESS OF THE RIGHT FORWARD BAFFLE OF THE FUEL TANK MAY BE BELOW SPECIFICATIONS.

Consequence:
    FUEL LEAKAGE, IN THE PRESENCE OF AN IGNITION SOURCE, COULD RESULT IN A FIRE.

Remedy:
    DEALERS WILL INSPECT THE FUEL TANKS AND, IF NECESSARY, REPLACE THEM. ALL VEHICLES ARE EITHER STILL AT THE MANUFACTURING PLANT OR IN DEALERSHIPS. NO VEHICLES HAVE BEEN SOLD TO CONSUMERS.

Potential Units Affected: 139

Notes: HYUNDAI SANTA FE 077

Mag install ako ng sprinkler system sa CRDI ko.
    Which countries ba galing yung 139 units na POTENTIALLY AFFECTED?
    Nasa dealership pa lang pala e. Hindi pa naibenta, nagawan na ng solution. Goes to show you the urgent remedy Hyundai took. Not like some of the manufacturers we've known who's units were already sold before they made some remedies and it took them a long time to fix the problem.
    Date was 08/31/2006, for gas variants. 7 days to go 2008 na. Old news na to ah. Why bring it up? This doesn't worry me one bit. Funny lang.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    This recall was for US models, it's in the NHTSA web site.

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/pr...ls/results.cfm

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Hi fellow Tsikoters!

Ito pa lang po ang unang post ko dito pero matagal na akong nagbabasa ng mga forums dito sa Tsikot. Nakakatulong po talaga itong Tsikot sa mga car buyers na tulad ko.

Plano ko po talaga bumili ng Santa Fe pero sa mga nabasa kong mga negative feedbacks ay baka magaantay na lang po siguro ako. Sa Santa Fe forum po kasi puro praises ang mga nababasa ko kaya po ako naging interesado.

Simpleng tao lang po kasi ako kaya gusto ko pong gamitin ang pera ko sa sulit na bagay. Malaki din po ang 1.6M.

Sana panatiliin po natin open ang tsikot na tulad ng ganito.

More power po sa Tsikot!

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Nasa dealership pa lang pala e. Hindi pa naibenta, nagawan na ng solution. Goes to show you the urgent remedy Hyundai took. Not like some of the manufacturers we've known who's units were already sold before they made some remedies and it took them a long time to fix the problem.Date was 08/31/2006, for gas variants. 7 days to go 2008 na. Old news na to ah. Why bring it up? This doesn't worry me one bit. Funny lang

Sir, sa tingin ko po ay takot lang ang hyundai sa ibang countries kasi malaki po ata ang penalty pati very strick po kasi safety dun. sa atin po kasi utimong jeepney walang seatbelt wlang kasafety safety... sa ibang bansa baka maband pa sila dahil dun at potential na fatal pa yun.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by tiboyx3m View Post
    2007 HYUNDAI SANTA FE FUEL SYSTEM, GASOLINE:STORAGE

Recall Date: 08/31/2006

Summary:
    ON CERTAIN SPORT UTILITY VEHICLES, THE WALL THICKNESS OF THE RIGHT FORWARD BAFFLE OF THE FUEL TANK MAY BE BELOW SPECIFICATIONS.

Consequence:
    FUEL LEAKAGE, IN THE PRESENCE OF AN IGNITION SOURCE, COULD RESULT IN A FIRE.

Remedy:
    DEALERS WILL INSPECT THE FUEL TANKS AND, IF NECESSARY, REPLACE THEM. ALL VEHICLES ARE EITHER STILL AT THE MANUFACTURING PLANT OR IN DEALERSHIPS. NO VEHICLES HAVE BEEN SOLD TO CONSUMERS.

Potential Units Affected: 139

Notes: HYUNDAI SANTA FE 077

Mag install ako ng sprinkler system sa CRDI ko.
    Which countries ba galing yung 139 units na POTENTIALLY AFFECTED?
    Nasa dealership pa lang pala e. Hindi pa naibenta, nagawan na ng solution. Goes to show you the urgent remedy Hyundai took. Not like some of the manufacturers we've known who's units were already sold before they made some remedies and it took them a long time to fix the problem.
    Date was 08/31/2006, for gas variants. 7 days to go 2008 na. Old news na to ah. Why bring it up? This doesn't worry me one bit. Funny lang.

Sir, sa tingin ko po ay takot lang ang hyundai sa ibang countries kasi malaki po ata ang penalty pati very strick po kasi safety dun. sa atin po kasi utimong jeepney walang seatbelt wlang kasafety safety... sa ibang bansa baka maband pa sila dahil dun at potential na fatal pa yun.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    An input such as those should be taken seriously so that we will be aware of them, so we can do something/check/verify/research on it. I took that as a honest feedback with no Malice at all. Anyway, everybody is entitled to their own opinions.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by forterra View Post
    Anyway, the purpose of my message is just for the safety of everyone who owns a Santa Fe. Mabuti na rin i-check yan at very risky ang issue nito baka bigla na lang kayo masunog. Buti sana kung sasakyan lang e pano kung nasa loob kayo. mahirap na rin

God bless!
    If that's the case, shouldn't you be posting the recalls for other makes (Toyota Camry, MazdaSpeed 3, Mitsubishi Eclipse, Hyundai Tucson, Volkswagen, BMW, etc) as well? Motor Trend's recall list covers many makes from Acura to Volvo.

Any particular reason only the Santa Fe gets your attention?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    the problem dito sa pinas is that dealers will not admit and play a deaf ears to such recalls. they will either say that hindi kasama ang mga unit dito sa pinas or walang advise and main office about such recall or technical service bulletin (TSB).
    Our car industry has not reached the level of concern as in other country like US. sales lang talaga ang may concern. the SF issue is not an isolated one. just to share with you, a TSB of a certain unit was issued sa US and Canada. I got in touch with the local corporation dito to ask about this since ang unit issued dito also came from the same plant, CKD unit from japan. the response was hindi daw kasama ang mga unit dito sa pinas inspite of the fact that you experience the same condition as stated sa TSB. The reason they gave is not just totally convincing ( iba daw kasi ang catalytic converter yun unit dito sa pinas kaya hindi kasama sa TSB). i have ask for an official statement from them but until now wala pa (three months to be exact). its quite hard really to deal with car manufacturer. ok sila habang bibili ka pa lang to the extend that even the VP kakausapin and entertain ka but after bumili ka na, iba na ang situation.

MERRY CHRISTMAS SA LAHAT NA TSIKOTEERS

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by meldy12 View Post
    the problem dito sa pinas is that dealers will not admit and play a deaf ears to such recalls. they will either say that hindi kasama ang mga unit dito sa pinas or walang advise and main office about such recall or technical service bulletin (TSB).
    Our car industry has not reached the level of concern as in other country like US. sales lang talaga ang may concern. the SF issue is not an isolated one. just to share with you, a TSB of a certain unit was issued sa US and Canada. I got in touch with the local corporation dito to ask about this since ang unit issued dito also came from the same plant, CKD unit from japan. the response was hindi daw kasama ang mga unit dito sa pinas inspite of the fact that you experience the same condition as stated sa TSB. The reason they gave is not just totally convincing ( iba daw kasi ang catalytic converter yun unit dito sa pinas kaya hindi kasama sa TSB). i have ask for an official statement from them but until now wala pa (three months to be exact). its quite hard really to deal with car manufacturer. ok sila habang bibili ka pa lang to the extend that even the VP kakausapin and entertain ka but after bumili ka na, iba na ang situation.

MERRY CHRISTMAS SA LAHAT NA TSIKOTEERS
    Quite different from the dealer I got my Sonata from. When a recall was made for the seatbelt harness (which may get caught on the back cushion lever), they kept calling every couple of days asking me to bring my car in so they can inspect the harness and make any necessary repairs free of charge. Since it posed no problem to me, I took my time bringing it there.

They're also religious in reminding me when the car is due for an oil change (free), with both notice in the mail and calls to the house.

At least here, they're trying hard to make sure we become repeat buyers. From the service I've gotten from them, I might just end up being a repeat (Hyundai) buyer. RWD V8 coupe....hmmmm.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; December 25th, 2007 at 01:01 PM.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
RECALL:  2007   Hyundai Santa Fe