New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    There are people who are fans of Hyundai though, swertihan ba yan sa units?
    okey ang hyundai ang problema sa mga dealer hanggat kayang lumusot lulusot yan. nasa may-ari na lang kung pano makipag-usap. yung unit ko nga 3 days pa lang tinirik na ko, after a year nasira naman nila yung suspension sa likod sumunod yung tambutso naman ang ingay parang may nakapasok na helikopter. lahat yan nakapag claim ako ng warranty

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Syuryuken View Post
    okey ang hyundai ang problema sa mga dealer hanggat kayang lumusot lulusot yan. nasa may-ari na lang kung pano makipag-usap. yung unit ko nga 3 days pa lang tinirik na ko, after a year nasira naman nila yung suspension sa likod sumunod yung tambutso naman ang ingay parang may nakapasok na helikopter. lahat yan nakapag claim ako ng warranty
    What's your unit? You still like Hyundai kahit tinirik ka ng bago?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    How about PMS at HANCARS?

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

4. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Nagkaproblema ako sa tucson ko...pahirapan sa pagclaim ng warranty dahil lampas 3 yrs na rin nung nasira.. at dahil sa bad after sales service ng hyundai, hindi na ko bibili sa kanila..
    sent from my 3210

5. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Aside pa dyn palpak din yung body repair nila at yung hilamos nila nag chip off...

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Buti na lang we never got a Grand Starex from HARI, lahat gray market although yung 2010 namin parang may problema daw sa steering according to the driver, although yung ibang driver na gumagamit din nung same GS wala naman complain. Yung personal ko lang na 2009 ang napaservice sa Pitstop for 1k and 5k check up, the rest dito lang namin sa office inaayos. Pag di kaya dito dinadala namin kay Class A Motorcraft sa Banawe.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Well kung casa maintained ang unit then you have all the right to rant. They should be doing a diagnostics scan if they even as much as suspect something cause otherwise what for is their exorbitant pms costs. As for me i never cared about hari warranty anyway, 1 year pa lang hindi na sa casa ang maintenance ng gs ko. My gs is more than 3 years old. No problems except for the common front brake pads that wore down after 25000 km. Others said they had to change their pads at 10000 km. Nasa gumagamit din naman kasi yan. I drive my gs hard but i do not brake it hard.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    Well kung casa maintained ang unit then you have all the right to rant. They should be doing a diagnostics scan if they even as much as suspect something cause otherwise what for is their exorbitant pms costs. As for me i never cared about hari warranty anyway, 1 year pa lang hindi na sa casa ang maintenance ng gs ko. My gs is more than 3 years old. No problems except for the common front brake pads that wore down after 25000 km. Others said they had to change their pads at 10000 km. Nasa gumagamit din naman kasi yan. I drive my gs hard but i do not brake it hard.
    It's hard not to brake hard with a very heavy van. That said, I don't know why the LC120 which I suppose is about as heavy hasn't eaten it's original set of brakes yet.

Saksakan pa ng mahal yung OE brakes sa Hyundai. In comparison, our Camry's set was about 50% the price at Toyota and probably lasts 2-3x as long.

What's your unit? You still like Hyundai kahit tinirik ka ng bago?
    To add to this, never pa kami nagka major car problem/tinirikan ng kotse that is younger than 10 years and I hope this car isn't our first. This also happens to be the first of over 10 cars and over the span of 15 years that has gone limp by itself due to failure of some part and not due to owner negligence. Also happens to be our first korean car talaga tsk. (Ranting more, hahaha).
    Last edited by mda; May 7th, 2014 at 05:42 PM.

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    You still like Hyundai kahit tinirik ka ng bago?
    yung tirik na yun may halong tubig yung gasolinang naikarga ko.

mapa-japanese, euro, american car meron at merong flaws yan rason ko naman depende na lang kung paano i-handle ng casa ang reklamo.

yung Isuzu Hilander ko nga nun laging nababasagan ng bearing sa harapan.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mda View Post
    So, just got off the phone with the service adviser at one of the Hyundai CASAs

VGT Solenoid on our 2011 Starex is apparently broken and is no longer covered by warranty. Apparently, Hyundai's 5 year warranty is just a 3 year warranty + 2 years on other parts that probably won't break within the lifespan of the car.

Will cost ~10++k for the part alone, aside from the fuel flushing etc that cost near 7k~ to diagnose low power on the Starex IMMEDIATELY AFTER TAKING THE CAR OUT FROM CASA AFTER a PMS.

The car is just 3 years and a few months old, traveled less than 40K kilometers and has been serviced at a CASA ever since.

<Start of General Rant>

This is disappointing, considering this purchase of a Hyundai was our first and has been nothing but expensive maintenance--

--Expensive PMS (granted, it is a big car), but nowhere near the cost of a Toyota PMS for our LC120, among our other Toyotas
    --Front/Rear Brakes replaced twice already (whereas our LC120 has hardly gone through it's original set)
    --Aircon filter clogging up 2-3x within 3 years
    --Steering wheel tilting/alignment issue the CASA cannot seem to fix
    --Random creaks and the occasional clunking sound in the transmission the CASA calls normal
    --CASA with new findings about suspension issues that are coming up and should be fixed soon (the only other car we had with issues this early was our FD and its notorious engine support).

Disappointing, considering the 5 year warranty was a big selling point. My mistake though for not reading the fine print.

Just my rant and a fair warning to buyers I suppose.

Edit: And for current Hyundai owners, better get your cars checked comprehensively before your first 3 years are up! Sayang lang kung hindi

Try to give central diesel a call. I was there last week and there were 2 to 3 starex with the same vgt solenoid problem. Maybe they can find a cheaper source from korea.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Read the Fine Print Before You Buy -- Hyundai 5 year warranty