New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    hey guys i have a project car its a hyundai excel 96 i bought it 3 years ago. x taxi but it was very reliable, i drove it from makati to negros occidental *Bacolod city for 18 hours via nautical highway without any troubles. i was planning to scrap it last year but i felt sorry for the old reliable car. and actually it was the first car i bought by myself..

so i need your help.

general body repair - DONE
    body kits - DONE
    engine overhaul- DONE
    general upholstery- DONE
    Sound Setup - Done

now kelangan ko mga adivise nyo kasi im short na talga sa budget i already spent a big amount for my project well sabi nga nila in appropriate daw na pagastusan ko ang isang hyundai.. binale wal kolang yun kasi ang sentimental value sakin ay malaki.. i spent 26k for body repairs, 22k for the kits, 12k sa overhaul, 14k sa upholstery and about 60k sa sound setup. well i bought the car 3 years ago for 35k hanggang ngaun ok pa talga ito sabi nga ng mekaniko bat ko daw overhaul eh condisyon pa makina as in walang tagas ito sabi ko paliatn na lahat ng pwd palitan. hheheh

im low on budget na at kelangan kopa mag bili ng ff.

1. 17 inch mags para dito w/ series 50 na gulong,
    2. strut bars
    3. cold air intake sa double barrel na carbs
    4. aftermarket racing spoilers
    5. racing gauges *rpm, voltmeter, temp

and optional turbo charger,,
    *may intercooler na kasi ako binigay sakin ng friend ko packaged from germany galing sa BMW Z3 kasyang kasya ang sukat kaso hanap pa ako turbo ng 4g63 *diko alam san maghanap madalang kasi sa negros nag mga parts na ito

6. i have white color on registration
    so whats the best white for a sporty setup. i am thinking of Candy white tapos racing stripes on driver side? anny suggestions kasi baka di maganda ang aoutcome ng candy white?

hindi ko talga kabisado ang banawe so pwd nyo ba ako matulungan sa mga concerns ko? baka may idea kayo ng price nga mga things sa lists ko paki post namn po. im planning to finish my almost 1.5year project by october
    baka meron kayong second hand na pwd ibenta sakin.. plz post. thanx a lot
    ill post teh cars pics as soon as my project is done.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Wheels:

Although 17s might look more "racing racing", you might be better with 16s instead. They would be more affordable and tires for them cheaper as well. Also with 17s, I think you will have to use series 45 or even series 40 tires to maintain proper wheel circumference for your car.

Prices will vary a lot depending on the condition (new or used), brand, size, promo (sale or regular price), etc.

turbocharger on carb-engine:

Although not impossible, it will be expensive. You are potentially looking at P50K and upward budget for parts and labor. And given your engine might not be in the best conditions, adding boost to it might cause other problems.

cold air intake to double barrel carbs:

This might be a better option to your engine to increase the power. But I doubt if you can find a ready-made solution for your car. You would probably need to get creative with some tubing/ducting you can find at the hardware/construction supply store.

gauges:

Easy enough to find in Manila but I don't know in Negros. Some gauges would need a sensor to work like temperature sensors for water and oil. The big aftermarket tachometers.... does you car have a stock tach? If yes, then it can be tapped there.

------------------------------------------------------

You can try checking out the classifieds in tsikot.com and sulit.com for parts you will need.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    ah ok thanx i have a blow thru system already just incase may turbo na ako makiat na affordalbe and an up pipe fabricated na din i just chnged to smaller radiator.. ung ano po kaya sir sa banaue you ahve sme suggestions kung saan ako pwd dumiretso dun bag namilai ako ng mags at gauges aksi last tym sumakita nag uulo ko sa kaiikot dun ang prices are diffirent everywhere mas ok sana if may target shop na akon mapuntahan ksi im just staying 2 days s amanila for buying the stiffs i needed, well i thing 40 series is ok na din sa 16 thanx a lot

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by evoltenchi View Post
    ah ok thanx i have a blow thru system already just incase may turbo na ako makiat na affordalbe and an up pipe fabricated na din i just chnged to smaller radiator.. ung ano po kaya sir sa banaue you ahve sme suggestions kung saan ako pwd dumiretso dun bag namilai ako ng mags at gauges aksi last tym sumakita nag uulo ko sa kaiikot dun ang prices are diffirent everywhere mas ok sana if may target shop na akon mapuntahan ksi im just staying 2 days s amanila for buying the stiffs i needed, well i thing 40 series is ok na din sa 16 thanx a lot
    mags, you have either banawe (qc) and evangalista (makati) to look for the style and price you want. But you must know your wheel size, hole config, offset measurement, etc. It will be easy to buy a set of wheels that would not fit your car.

gauges, banawe shops also have them.

turbo, turbocharging a carb engine is not as simple. How do you plan to solve the need for additional fuel when you have boost?

With additional HP, do you have plans to upgrade your brakes? You do need to stop better with more power from the engine and bigger wheels.

A smaller radiator with a turbocharged engine? ... not a good idea because a turbo engine will be hotter and more prone to overheat. Using a smaller radiator is actually the last thing you would want to do. Best to install a bigger or thicker radiator.

I suggest you stand back a bit and reassess your project more carefully.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    For the amount you spend with your car, makakabili kana nyan ng well preserve Honda Civic 2000-2003 VTi.

With the civic, you just need a better mags, and you don't look outdated na.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Not to insult the car, but why turbocharge a turd?

I'm talking about your engine, of course. Since the Excel is compatible with Mitsubishis, it would be much more cost-effecitve, efficient, safe and satisfying to swap in a better Mitsubishi engine.

Your tiny carbureted 1.5 won't be able to take much abuse. Possibly the iron-block will withstand up to 150 or 160 bhp... but the transmission won't, and with a worn engine, chances of blowing a headgasket are huge.

Source a Mitsbuishi 2.0 engine (non-turbo) and possibly Galant or Lancer brakes as an upgrade... This will give you a much quicker and safer car.

It's the same answer whether you have an E15 equipped box-type Sentra, a D12 equipped Civic or any number of old carbureted cars... the difficulty of tuning and jetting a carburetor to handle boost while not drowning the tiny mill in gasoline at idle is not worth the marginal power gains you can get on such a small, poor-flowing engine... limited head-flow means that you will need more boost for the same power as you could get out of a newer or bigger engine with more potential.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    *ghosthunter thanx bro regarding dun sa nags ung offset ba yan ang PCD currently angmags ko dun came from a civic esi 4holes sorry ngaun langa kasi ako nagkahilig sa sasakyan puro motor kasi akoso ung turbocharging thing idea ng kasama ko yan heheh eh sabi ko ok salpak lang nang salpak, i saw this hyndai excel ksi sa you tube aka * BAD DOG* he id teh same turlbo chargerd it and with smallr radiator so we came up with this idead

8. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    *meikey yun nga daw sabi nila but naisip ko kasi sayang it is my first car na binili ko sa sarili kong paghihirap so pakiramdam ko its such an waste na idispatsako ito.. sayang din nga but after this project ill save againa nd buy a decent car..

9. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    *nicky a 4G63 was my first plan but dunno where to get one..

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Daming sources sa Evangelista and Banawe. There are those in the local Mitsubishi clubs (forgot their forum url) who can give you contact details for shops who are experienced doing 4G swaps.

I know the feeling, first car... so it has sentimental value. But you should figure out a clear direction for your project, such that you can budget your time and money wisely and not wind up with something that has to go to the shop every week for tweaking.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
PROJECT HYUNDAI EXCEL need advise