New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Are Hyundai prices here in the Philippines overpriced compared to the U.S (edmund.com)?

Or are all car companies here in the Philippines overpricing their vehicles. Please post you opinions.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    All RP vehicles are overpriced compared to the US. One word. TAXES!

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    All RP vehicles are overpriced compared to the US. One word. TAXES!
    Sir Tidus...do you know the tax rate for the cars that's being sold here. So that I can compute if the prices are reasonable or not. Also, so that I can convince my dad in the U.S. that price difference is because of taxes. Thanx...

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by m_ayuyao View Post
    Sir Tidus...do you know the tax rate for the cars that's being sold here. So that I can compute if the prices are reasonable or not. Also, so that I can convince my dad in the U.S. that price difference is because of taxes. Thanx...
    hmmm...

Taxes form an additional 50%-100% of the vehicle SRP... higher taxes for the CBU imports.

KIA is overpriced compared to hyundai...

5. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    ^ Ditto!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the new Tucson is priced at $19,800 to $24,345 in the US

That's Php 910,000 to Php 1,120,000 converted. Not that much of a difference in comparison for the entry level. It's the high end models that gets taxed more ...

7. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    yun naman features are not taxed more, that's more of more mark up with the dealer. diba ang tax is based on engine displacement, number of seats and 4x2/4x4.

the thing is if an escape carries all the same features as a top of the line hyundai tucson or crv petrol. but the escape offers it at 300K less than the two. then mark-up ng dealer yun

as the entry level tucson at sub 1M, laki pa din markup ng Hari dyan coz escape/xtrail can give at same price with complete features like ebd, dual airbag, foglamps, etc. etc.

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by scharnhorst View Post
    hmmm...

Taxes form an additional 50%-100% of the vehicle SRP... higher taxes for the CBU imports.

KIA is overpriced compared to hyundai...

Wow...kung ganun, we the buyers are at a big disadvantage. Considering the value of the vehicle we purchase depreciates significantly when it leaves the dealer showroom.

How can we better put ourselves in a better position to get a 'good' deal/price? I wonder if there is a similar website to edmund.com for the Philippines? Any negotiating strategies?

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    But then again the Escape and X-trail came from the dinosaur ages already (sarcasm)...

10. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by m_ayuyao View Post
    Wow...kung ganun, we the buyers are at a big disadvantage. Considering the value of the vehicle we purchase depreciates significantly when it leaves the dealer showroom.

How can we better put ourselves in a better position to get a 'good' deal/price? I wonder if there is a similar website to edmund.com for the Philippines? Any negotiating strategies?
    pricelists are in C! mag or topgear...

http://www.auto-searchphilippines.com/

wala sir, the best you can do to lower the price is to haggle for discounts and freebies...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Overpriced hyundai prices