New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2007
    Hello there Hyundai car owners and enthusiasts! Kamusta naman mga sasakyan ninyo?

Let's share each other's adventures with our rides naman.

Your long trips, your best and worst experiences, etc. with your Hyundai cars.

Tell us first what is the Hyundai model and year of your car then your story.
    Last edited by LadyRider; January 30th, 2009 at 10:59 AM.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    our first hyundai was the first gen starex, we bought it at some grey market dealer (cant remember kung standout). we used it for 7 plus years and logged in almost 100K KMS but it did not give as any headache and no major problem with it.

our 2nd unit from hyundai is the 2nd gen SF, its 1 1/2 year old as of now and almost 29K in its odometer. still running like brand new. no complaints as of now.

our 3rd hyundai is the grand starex, 6 months old only and ran about 13K. like the first gen, we're happy with our purchased.

all these cars were used in provincial and long drives.

with our experience, we are convinced that korean cars is getting better and better and becoming more reliable like those japanese brands.
    Last edited by c_cube; January 30th, 2009 at 11:56 AM.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Our only Hyundai is the 2nd gen Santa Fe. Quite a boring life really. Mostly I use to go to work, going to the malls, dine out with friends and family. Never even stepped out the boundaries of Metro Manila. Probably pinaka-exciting thing nangyari sa SF namin is yung kakabili pa lang umilaw na yung low fuel indicator. Mga mokong yung taga Hyunda QA ibibigay nila yung kotse sa customer halos 4 liters na lang natitira... So I had to hope aabot ako sa gasolinahan eh ang trapik pa naman sa Quezon Ave. during 1pm time. When I reached the gas station I had to load up 71L++ meaning 3++L nalang natira... Currently doing 1055km since Novermber 11, 2008. See I told you my Santa Fe is probably the most boring one.
    Last edited by tidus1203; January 30th, 2009 at 01:44 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    kinuha ko yun getz ko sa abad santos last year. ok naman so far.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    We've had two Starex vans (12 and 9-seater) and two Getz. Sold the 12-seater Starex and one of the Getz last 2007 and 2008, respectively.

Maganda naman experience namin with all of them. May mga minor issues lang like yung Getz sobra talagang underpowered yung 1100cc model. Yun namang Starex, though maganda laro ng suspension, medyo makalampag. Other than that, they're absolutely trouble free.

We plan to keep our Hyundai's for at least a couple more years. We also have three Honda's to keep them company.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    This is my first non Japanese car yet and I never had a second thought or regret buying this car after a year of agony and dilemma choosing between SF and MS, I decided to take SF and set aside MS. Thanks to LR for helping us with Marlyn in E. Rod. She's so accommodating with my wife's calls and SMS up to now

No offense with our brothers here but I intend to use SF mostly in city driving and the ride comfort is my concern then the FC.

Nakarating sa bahay ang unit ko during my sons birthday, sabi ng visitor grabe daw ako mag regalo. Nope! nagkataon lang. My unit travel a lot hindi ko pa man nagagamit. My first upgrade is the car plate glass cover, grabe pawis inabot ko walang provision sa front and back! Nag butas pa ako using Cordless drill para lang ma-install ang plate sa harap while sa likod naman walang counter nut sa loob Second upgrade ko ay rear mud guard.

I chose 4x4 because I travel a lot. At least may weapon ako to any kind of road condition. First trip namin ang ikutin ang buong Panay and we succeeded. My wife and I want to go Luzon this coming summer maybe up to Ilocos as she want to visit her Aunt and cousins.

To be continued...

7. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Ours is a first Gen starex.

and it is our trouble car.

if you want trouble, get into it.:bwahaha:

it didint gave us an confidence on it at all.

theres no week na walang bagong sira sa engine.

pero i beleive that the grand starex is ok na ang qualiy. twice na namin binyahe yung GS ng uncle ko to bohol via land trip (dinaan pa ng samar) and its way to efficient and reliable.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Our first Hyundai was a 2nd gen Starex. Used it for three years and logged over 80K kilometers. Took it on long trips all over Luzon and never had any problems with it. Sold it in 2006 when I decided to have a 4X4 and my wife wanter her own car.

Our next Hyundai is a Getz GL for my wife which we got in 2006. Kalalabas pa lang sa market noon but I have read good reviews about it outside the country. We were one of the first buyers. Now, it's 3 years old but it has logged only 21k kilometers. Bihirang gamitin ni misis. I was actually surprised at it's performance - very preppy. Not bad for a 1.3 automatic. We brought it to Baguio with 5 people on board and it had no problem making up. Ang dami ko pa ngang ino-overtake. At NLEX, it could hit 160 kph with 5 people on board. One time, hinataw ko sa skyway just to test its limits. It actually hit 170 kph going down from the highest point of the skyway at magallanes going to the Buendia exit.

Now, I'm looking at the Sonata. At slightly over 1.3 million, the 3.3 V6 GLS model seems like a steal. But I have yet to see one in the roads. Any feedback on the Sonata? TIA.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    This is our first time to own a korean car and that's a hyundai(I10) we always had jap cars ever since a toyota(2 corollas), mitsu(space wagon) and currently we own a nissan(xtrail) probably in the future one honda , para kumpleto na top jap names.

So far our experience in our hyundai is very good, low cost to maintain PMS niya is casa hindi sa tabi tabing mekaniko, fuel consumption is perfect, good performance especially for city driving(traffic).

OT ---- Problem is dami pa rin fan boys here in the philippines na utak toyo pa rin and puro speculation on the performance and durability of other cars asides from japanese ones, swertihan din kasi yan hindi basta japanese car matibay na agad and if you think of it most of the japanese cars sold here are not made in japan anymore these are already built, designed and outsourced to china, indonesia and thailand, It also depends on how you use your car and maintain it and kung malas meron talagang bibigay na part, example is our car our other car the nissan in just 3 1/2 years nasira agad ang auxillary fan 9k agad ang damage ang masakit wala nang warranty.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by FWC View Post
    Now, I'm looking at the Sonata. At slightly over 1.3 million, the 3.3 V6 GLS model seems like a steal. But I have yet to see one in the roads. Any feedback on the Sonata? TIA.
    Here in the US, there's a lot of them. Mine's a 2006 Sonata GLS 3.3 V6 which I bought in the summer of 2005. It's the first model year. So, it has the older so-so interior rather than the redesigned interior which is much more attractive.

It's a mommy car, pure and simple. I wouldn't take it on a race track. But on regular roads, it's a very comfortable highway cruiser. Lots of room in the back, pretty quiet inside. The suspension can use some work though. It's fine on smooth or dirt surfaces. But, on "bouncy" surfaces like cobbled streets, it's a little rough.

Performancewise, it's not the quickest car around. But, more than plenty for getting around. The best times on print around the web:

0-60 mph: 6.6 sec
    1/4 mile: 15.2 sec * 93mph
    Top speed: 144mph? 147mph? Some numbnut took his Sonata to 152mph. The Sonata does have a 160mph speedometer. I doubt it's there just for show.

The Sonata's Electronic Stability Control works quite well. I had the chance to drive my Sonata extensively through snow. It handled the snow very well; much better than any previous FWD car I've driven. Here's a short clip I made.... He He
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4TQQapouoQ"]YouTube - Snow2[/ame]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Our Hyundai Car Adventures/Misadventures