New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Thanks StockSlowDriver, I like the irony you stated, HARI sells lemons too like the fruitstands do.

So this is how the fight goes with them ei?

We'll see about that

2. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Behaveddriver,
    I feel your pain bro, i also have a knocking and low power accent, bought it may 2011, been on numerous trips to my dealer Hyundai e. Rodriguez and a second dealer Hyundai greenhills to fix the problem, almost a year now still the same knocking problem. Now i would make an educated guess that my engine internals are f*cked up from all that knocking and low power from almost a year of ownership. every visit to the dealership and they would only update the program of the ecu, road test here and there.
    I have lost count on how many programming versions they updated my ecu with, from euro 1 to euro 2 to version 1 and 2 and version $h!t. I must admit that i am a Hyundai lover before this accent incident, having 3 models in my garage right now. Although my other hyundais are relatively problem free, so far....(knock on wood).i would never again buy a Hyundai a long as HARI is the distributor.
    Oh i forgot to mention that i also almost had an accident when my unit was on low power mode. I wrote numerous letters to hari and numerous phone calls to the service advisor but until now no effort on their part to appease the customer.
    HARI was able to respond promptly to my emails but all they say is that we will coordinate with the respective dealer, so its now a waiting game for me
    Last edited by bratski; March 1st, 2012 at 04:07 AM.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    In fairness to the brand, i think all car makers have lemon units, not only hyundai. And its unfair to judge the brand without solid facts on the on the number of defective units that has been reported. However, i agree with the thread started that HARI's response was far from pacifying the customer. It is really hardto convice a manufacturer to replacethe unit here in our country but they should atleast take extra care or give special attention to cases like these.

If there is one thing i dont like with hyundai, its their after service. Too far from their japanese counterparts. Oh well, I love the car but not the distributor.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    ^ Agree. I still prefer Honda's maintenance scheme Well organized.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    geez, ganito na ba talaga Hyundai ngaun? we bought 2 Hyundais 4 years ago nun nagpapakilala pa lang sila sa market, we got the getz and the starex diesels. so far up to now, no major problems only wear and tear.

bakit ganyan ang reply nila, they cannot guarantee if ECM will be at fault eh in the first place kanila din yun. para san pa yun 5 yr warranty kung ang dami conditions

mahirap talaga pag lumalaki at sumisikat na. the Hyundai dealers and HARI should remind themselves that the reason why Hyundai is hot now is not bec. of their marketing nor management style but bec. Hyundai Korea innovated their designs. their products are world class standard now as most of their cars are in high demand anywhere around the Globe.

but that doesn't mean that they would treat their own customers like that. may balik yan!

If Hyundai released bland designs like what's happening in Honda now, I doubt if they can sell a lot of cars even if they have the best managed company in the Phils.

sayang ang blessings ni Hyundai, for so many years since the 90's, laughing stock kayo ng car industry, and then first time makaranas ng pagkasikat, ganito na ang treatment. Hari should fire and replace all those employees with that somewhat elitist attitude, yun ang nakakasira.

for the meantime, we are planning a new car pa naman this year. we'll stay away from Hyundai na. hirap ma-trato ng ganyan pag bago pa lang tsikot mo. and I guess, it goes the same with the new Chevy cars, I heard the same owners din ang nag-import ng Hyundai and Chevy ngaun . 5 years din Chevy ngaun, but if ganyan ang treatment, walang weight ang pinagmamalaki nila 5 years warranty . marketing ploy / gmick lang pala! akala ko pa naman they're following the American model coz in the states 7 years ang warranty ng Hyundai.

---

and in fairness naman to the knocking issue/fuel problem. I truly believe that the issue is on the quality of gasoline we have here. wala eh, talagang likas na manloloko ang mga Pinoy. for so many years, i've been so loyal to Shell pero I have come to a conclusion that not all Shell stations are alike. I used to gas up to any well-presented Shell station but now, I just gas up sa Shell Forbes and other Shell stations in the vicinity of posh villages like Ayala Alabang, White Plains etc. sigurado kasi ang fuel quality sa mga Shell stations na ito bec. the owners know that their customers just live near their stations. madali sila balikan. and we all know naman how "convincing" ang mga kababayan natin nakatira sa posh villages, they practically can move mountains here hehehe

would you believe I gassed up dyan sa Fort Shell yun may Starbucks, and for the very first time in 12 years, my Honda experienced knocking to the point na mintik ako tinirik sa daan.

the problem kasi with Shell, so many people are gassing up to them bec. most people nowadays have Shell Citicard with rebates. hindi na naiisip kung okey ba ang quality ng gasoline kasi 5% rebate laki na din yun and so their quality is being adjusted. try to gas up dyan sa Shell sa meralco and tiendesitas, ambilis maubos ng gasoline ko dyan but whenever I gas up sa Shell Forbes, I can stretch 20-30 km more per half tank or 60 if full tank. I have observed this for 2 years now. minsan lang talaga, hindi maiwasan mag-gas sa ortigas coz I only go to Makati once a week.

right now, whenever I can't go to Makati, I gas up to Petron sa San Miguel, eto same quality as the Shell in Forbes. yes, I only get 3% rebates from BPI Petron card pero improve naman ang FC ko. kung minsan talaga mas realistic ang BPI and Petron for being conservative vs. Shell and Citibank tandem na na brainwash na tayo lahat for the rebates savings pero mina-maneobra pala ang gasoline quality.

be warned people.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    And to think ang dami kong nakikitang new accent sa road, they don't know what they're getting in to. i already warned my relatives not to buy the accent. Its a hit and miss thing. Pero personally i wouldn't buy another Hyundai vehicle again considering their lack of action on my complaint.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by pop3corn View Post
    geez, ganito na ba talaga Hyundai ngaun? we bought 2 Hyundais 4 years ago nun nagpapakilala pa lang sila sa market, we got the getz and the starex diesels. so far up to now, no major problems only wear and tear.

bakit ganyan ang reply nila, they cannot guarantee if ECM will be at fault eh in the first place kanila din yun. para san pa yun 5 yr warranty kung ang dami conditions

mahirap talaga pag lumalaki at sumisikat na. the Hyundai dealers and HARI should remind themselves that the reason why Hyundai is hot now is not bec. of their marketing nor management style but bec. Hyundai Korea innovated their designs. their products are world class standard now as most of their cars are in high demand anywhere around the Globe.

but that doesn't mean that they would treat their own customers like that. may balik yan!

If Hyundai released bland designs like what's happening in Honda now, I doubt if they can sell a lot of cars even if they have the best managed company in the Phils.

sayang ang blessings ni Hyundai, for so many years since the 90's, laughing stock kayo ng car industry, and then first time makaranas ng pagkasikat, ganito na ang treatment. Hari should fire and replace all those employees with that somewhat elitist attitude, yun ang nakakasira.

for the meantime, we are planning a new car pa naman this year. we'll stay away from Hyundai na. hirap ma-trato ng ganyan pag bago pa lang tsikot mo. and I guess, it goes the same with the new Chevy cars, I heard the same owners din ang nag-import ng Hyundai and Chevy ngaun . 5 years din Chevy ngaun, but if ganyan ang treatment, walang weight ang pinagmamalaki nila 5 years warranty . marketing ploy / gmick lang pala! akala ko pa naman they're following the American model coz in the states 7 years ang warranty ng Hyundai.

---

and in fairness naman to the knocking issue/fuel problem. I truly believe that the issue is on the quality of gasoline we have here. wala eh, talagang likas na manloloko ang mga Pinoy. for so many years, i've been so loyal to Shell pero I have come to a conclusion that not all Shell stations are alike. I used to gas up to any well-presented Shell station but now, I just gas up sa Shell Forbes and other Shell stations in the vicinity of posh villages like Ayala Alabang, White Plains etc. sigurado kasi ang fuel quality sa mga Shell stations na ito bec. the owners know that their customers just live near their stations. madali sila balikan. and we all know naman how "convincing" ang mga kababayan natin nakatira sa posh villages, they practically can move mountains here hehehe

would you believe I gassed up dyan sa Fort Shell yun may Starbucks, and for the very first time in 12 years, my Honda experienced knocking to the point na mintik ako tinirik sa daan.

the problem kasi with Shell, so many people are gassing up to them bec. most people nowadays have Shell Citicard with rebates. hindi na naiisip kung okey ba ang quality ng gasoline kasi 5% rebate laki na din yun and so their quality is being adjusted. try to gas up dyan sa Shell sa meralco and tiendesitas, ambilis maubos ng gasoline ko dyan but whenever I gas up sa Shell Forbes, I can stretch 20-30 km more per half tank or 60 if full tank. I have observed this for 2 years now. minsan lang talaga, hindi maiwasan mag-gas sa ortigas coz I only go to Makati once a week.

right now, whenever I can't go to Makati, I gas up to Petron sa San Miguel, eto same quality as the Shell in Forbes. yes, I only get 3% rebates from BPI Petron card pero improve naman ang FC ko. kung minsan talaga mas realistic ang BPI and Petron for being conservative vs. Shell and Citibank tandem na na brainwash na tayo lahat for the rebates savings pero mina-maneobra pala ang gasoline quality.

be warned people.

Nice input Bro!
    Really make an effort to put your feelings into writings...

Tungkol sa Fuel, wala namang kit na nabibili sa Market na every time na bumili ka ng fuel ay ma-counter check mo siya kung ok o hindi. Tatanggapin na lang kung ano pa i-karga sa tanke ng car natin. O kaya, gaya ng nasabi mo ay maging mapanuri sa mga gasolinahan.

For me, I also make a record sa fuel consumption ko at kung may negative observation e note lang.
    All I can test about the fuel is the volume, meron akong container, 18li. Once in a while ay pinapakargahan ko siya lalo na pag nagmura ang gasoline.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yang warranty na iyan na 5 years tactics lang nila iyan para matie up kayo sa pagpapagawa sa dealership.

Yung iba loyal magpagawa sa delaership, investment daw pag may nasira madali mag claim sa warranty, pero karamihan nagsisi dahil hindi din naman madali mag claim sa warranty or hindi na nakapagcliam sa warranty.

After reading this thread mukhang hindi nga kaya iaddress ng hyundai ang mga issue sa auto nila.

Sayang, aanuhin mo magandang kotse kung sirain naman.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    I think the only good vehicles of Hyundai right now are Sta. Fe, Sonata and Grand Starex. The rest are still not up to standards. Maybe you can write a letter the Hyundai Korea, all Hyundai cars are imported from Korea right now.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Again it is unfair to judge the brand. We have 3 hyundais now, tucson diesel, sonata premium and genesis 3.8. We have no problem with them except for a backup sensor ng sonata which was dedective. The casa checked and approved replacement but it took HARI 2 months to bring the part. Pinadala ba ng korea yung part? Sus, sa dami ng hyundai casa wala ba silang makuha na part? This is my biggest regret with buying hyundai, the lousy after sales service. Dapat ata sa hancar nalang ako bumili, HARI is too busy to attend to their end users. Ang layo nila sa HCPI.

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Open letter to hyundai asia resources inc - accent 1.4 mt 2012 issue