New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    This is the response I got from them:

Dear Mr. ____,

We write in reply to your message posted on our website on February 23, 2012, regarding the alleged low power and knocking sound on the engine of your Hyundai Accent 1.4
    We regret to inform you that we cannot accede to your request for unit replacement, as it is not the proper remedy for such concern. Your Hyundai Accent is covered by a warranty of five (5) years or 100,000 kms, whichever comes first. The basic warranty coverage provides:
    “Hyundai warrants that it will either repair or replace any component originally manufactured or installed by Hyundai that is found to be defective in material or workmanship under normal use and maintenance for a period of 60 months or 100,000 kilometers, whichever comes first.”
    In order to address any concern on your Hyundai Accent, we would like to request that you bring your unit to your servicing dealer, Hyundai Quezon Avenue (HQA), for proper diagnosis and evaluation. Ms. Divine Ramil, Customer Relations Manager of HQA will coordinate with you regarding your preferred schedule of visit and other related arrangements.
    Thank you for your continued patronage of our product and services.

Very truly yours,

Hyundai Asia Resources, Inc.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    This is my response to email mycrm*hyundai-asia.com.

Dear Hyundai Asia Resources, Inc.,

Thank you for responding to my complaint.

While it is interesting that this letter lacks empathy and appeared to be aggravating for a customer who almost had an accident due to this “Defective Vehicle” particularly my Hyundai Accent 1.4 MT, it is clear to me now that Hyundai Asia Resources, Inc. does not adhere to quality and its failure to understand customer needs.
    For safety issues and accountability, would Hyundai Asia Resources, Inc. be held accountable if during that horrible event something happened to my family while the vehicle failed on us in the middle of the highway? A brand new vehicle with 1 month usage had an ECU failure and not to mention the knocking and low power issues had not been resolved to boot, what does this mean to your good company?

For the benefit of putting everything in easy understanding, metaphorically speaking, you sold me rotten fruit. Advertised as fresh and with good benefits and results. I came to you to replace it in good faith, however, you turned down my plea because you think it can be resolved and believing that a rotten fruit can be fresh again to eat? With that being said, do you think Hyundai Asia Resources can be trusted for such trade?

Even if my unit is under warranty, IT DOES NOT WARRANT THE FACT THAT YOU DISTRIBUTED A DEFECTIVE VEHICLE, taking quality and customer first principle aside.

I acknowledge the process you observe in accordance with providing remedy to such issues, however, given that I already brought my vehicle and had it “repaired” by upgrading the ECU but still the problem persists. Now, with added inconvenience, will then again bring the vehicle to Quezon Avenue for another diagnosis which in my professional opinion is no longer warranted since the premise has been established that IT IS A BRAND NEW VEHICLE and IT IS DEFECTIVE!

Also, it is interesting that you used the term “Alleged” and do not acknowledge the fact that there are several Hyundai Accent owners out there who are also experiencing the same issue. You didn’t even bother to apologise for the inconvenienced caused. How interesting this is really. So in copy would be a fellow Hyundai Accent owner who share the same sentiments and most definitely willing to take this matter in escalation.

My friends in the media should be informed about this issue, truth behold, this is a matter concerning several people. Not just myself.

Best regards,

though i myself am a hyundai car owner, i also do not like what i have been reading about this issue for the last few weeks.

i hope hyundai philippines will be more professional in handling the case. it is a serious matter which involves safety of its owners and other passengers.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Hi Rockiee,

Yes they should take this seriously. the letter sent to me appeared to be an insult rather than pacify a customer.

Email sent today to media contacts and will wait for their response to investigate.

Regards.

thanks for doing that. u not only did it for yourself but for the rest of accent owners who have same problem.

Last edited by rockiee_s; February 28th, 2012 at 08:28 PM.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Over the past 3 Months, I have been scouting for a Brand New Vehicle. I have this short list of vehicles after visiting a great number of different Car Brand Dealers in Metro Manila, as follows:

Note: Ranked According to Preference

1. Hyundai Tucson
    2. Hyundai Accent
    3. Toyota Avanza
    4. Toyota Vios
    5. Isuzu APV

After reading this Hyundai Forum Threads, I finally decided NOT TO BUY a Hyundai Brand of Vehicle because of all the "bad experiences" that has been said against Hyundai Brand / Hyundai Dealers / HARI on this forum (I am convinced that the complaints posted on this forum are genuine and with no malice).

I am now awaiting the delivery of my 3rd preference vehicle...Toyota Avanza 1.5G M/T (Dark Steel Mica).

To HARI:

Yung mga feedbacks po dito sa Hyundai Forums ay may tunay na epekto sa mga prospective clients / buyers ninyo.

If not for this Hyundai Forums.... Hyundai Tucson or Hyundai Accent sana ang sure ko na bibilin... In short... I am a sure buyer who looked elsewhere because of your very poor handling on the issues and complaints posted by your new vehicle clients / buyers.

Last edited by aimphilippines; February 28th, 2012 at 09:03 PM. Reason: x

7. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    behaveddriver, I feel your pain since I just had a burning compressor of my tucson which is just 1.8yrs old. I've a great service agent but HARI doesnt have readily available parts of their cars and doesnt make any attempt to satisfy their customers by fixing/replacing defective parts within days.
    We now know that their quality is deteriorating and obviously you have a defective unit, time to call your friendly lawyer.
    Kala ko pa naman maganda ang HARI until you need to deal with them

Quote Originally Posted by behaveddriver View Post
    This is the response I got from them:

Dear Mr. ____,

We write in reply to your message posted on our website on February 23, 2012, regarding the alleged low power and knocking sound on the engine of your Hyundai Accent 1.4
    We regret to inform you that we cannot accede to your request for unit replacement, as it is not the proper remedy for such concern. Your Hyundai Accent is covered by a warranty of five (5) years or 100,000 kms, whichever comes first. The basic warranty coverage provides:
    “Hyundai warrants that it will either repair or replace any component originally manufactured or installed by Hyundai that is found to be defective in material or workmanship under normal use and maintenance for a period of 60 months or 100,000 kilometers, whichever comes first.”
    In order to address any concern on your Hyundai Accent, we would like to request that you bring your unit to your servicing dealer, Hyundai Quezon Avenue (HQA), for proper diagnosis and evaluation. Ms. Divine Ramil, Customer Relations Manager of HQA will coordinate with you regarding your preferred schedule of visit and other related arrangements.
    Thank you for your continued patronage of our product and services.

Very truly yours,

Hyundai Asia Resources, Inc.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    it's your ball now, HARI :play_ball:

9. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Thanks JJB, I'm sorry to learn that you have been experiencing bad service from Hyundai as well.

Calling out a lawyer at this point is too early for remedial, hence, will wait for things to develop and not be hasty. There's always a time for everything and considering the rate HARI is going with its complaints resolution, its not a far cry that they'd get less customers in the future.

Its a pity that they rank #2 in the market today for sales but continuously failing with their service levels. I cannot blame Hyundai Quezon Avenue for selling me this defective unit since in the beginning all hyundai vehicles undergo PDI quality control from plant and/or their Philippine warehouse distribution. Hyundai Quezon Avenue is a only dealer - form part in their business, in fairness to them, they are willing to resolve the issue on a dealership level.

Although reluctant to have it diagnosed and repaired, the engine had knocked for weeks. No ibid intellectual being can protest that there's no significant damage in the engine internals. There's definitely something that broke inside for sure, it may not be evident now but it will surface in the near future, should i prefer to keep this defective unit in my possession.

If they can give me a good reason to keep this vehicle in my garage and guarantee safety for my family, i'd gladly accept their apology. Oh, i almost forgot they didn't apologize in their letter. Wait, the HYUNDAI ACCENT 1.4 MT almost got myself and my wife killed.

Oh well...

10. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Sir behaveddriver,

I feel and understand you sir. I too had a BRANDNEW DEFECTIVE 2008 Hyundai Getz 1.1l. String of problems and sleepless nights. HARI WILL NEVER ACCEPT THAT THEY HAVE MANUFACTURING DEFECTS and sell brandnew defective cars. After 4 years, I gave up. Walang kwentang kausap ang Hyundai. Labo. Just empty promises. HARI sells lemons too like the fruitstands do.

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Open letter to hyundai asia resources inc - accent 1.4 mt 2012 issue