Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Hi,

ISSUE:
    Knocking and low power Hyundai Accent
    ECM Failure
    Dealer: Hyundai Quezon Avenue

Earlier today I brought my Hyundai Accent 1.4 MT at Hyundai Quezon Avenue for my 1k PMS. I couldn't bear the knocking problem and low power so I asked the SA to have the ECU updated using your Euro 2 ECM.

The knocking issue was lessened but what's worse is that extreme low power is evident in this case! I had to step on the pedal about 3-4k rpms or even more to get the car moving and interestingly enough the car went from fuel efficient to gas guzzling machine!!! Not only that, the engine noise had increased terribly! NO EXAGGERATION!!!

What's best about today, around 11pm along SLEX (Saturday 25.02.2011) the accent's check engine light lit up and the engine died down!!!!! I WAS WITH MY WIFE FOR CRYING OUT LOUD IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT!!!! A BRAND NEW CAR WITH ONLY 1 MONTH USAGE???????

I tried to start the engine but to no avail. Was about to call the towing service but I thought of troubleshooting by removing the negative battery terminal for a few minutes and placed it back again, well it did start. Thank Goodness! Congratulations HYUNDAI ASIA RESOURCES INC. for bringing this defective unit here and luckily I'm the only one in this so I will demand...

Replace my unit as soon as possible!!!

If you can just imagine the desperation and frustration i have now, I hope you take action immediately!

I sent you people my first email last week and I didn't hear anything from you!

This will be my final plea as your customer to please take action or I would be forced to resort in legal remedies.

Do contact me as soon as possible!

Regards.
    behaveddriver
    0915 990 8008

2. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    To: Ms. Fe Perez-Agudo (HARI CEO)
    Mr. Amado San Juan (Hyundai Quezon Avenue/Commonwealth CEO)

Kindly take action.

Regards.
    behaveddriver
    0915 990 8008

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Parang pumapangit nanaman quality ng Hyundai... When I bought my Santa Fe I really though that Hyundai now buils solid and reliable cars. Pero now parang its going downhill...

Make no mistake, other cars also have problems. But they are addressing it and some are already resolved. Etong engine knock na ito, walang kamatayan. Tagal na nito!

4. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    we should be calling HARI and all dealership owners to look into this issue as soon as possible. they will burden all this issues in the end if not addressed immediately. why not call them out and set a meeting with all accent owners who have different issues. kaya nga bumili ng hyundai cars kasi nabilib mga ito na matatag at euro standard, kaso iba na nangyayari. HARI / dealership owners, siguro naman ayaw niyo malagay sa bad publicity...

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Parang pumapangit nanaman quality ng Hyundai... When I bought my Santa Fe I really though that Hyundai now buils solid and reliable cars. Pero now parang its going downhill...

Make no mistake, other cars also have problems. But they are addressing it and some are already resolved. Etong engine knock na ito, walang kamatayan. Tagal na nito!
    Andun pa tayo sa panahon ng swerte, tidus

Kaya nung 2011, kesa Elantra ang kunin, Sportage na pinili ko. Haha.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    And to give you feedback mga sirs, here in Hyundai Pampanga, they do even claim na hindi nangyayari itong mga issues na ito sa mga accent units na release nila....

7. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    even if premium gasoline ba this car still has knocking issue?

8. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Errata: 11pm Saturday 25.02.2012

I have been using Vpower and Blaze all the way since I got the unit. Had 7 tankfuls to-date.

Q Avenue Customer service had called me today and expressed the following to resolve this matter:

1. They will test drive the unit at NLEX and check for faulty/defects
    2. They ordered a new ECU for replacement as agreed by Q Avenue and HARI

My demands:

1. Since they will be using my car to test drive and diagnose for defects in the ECM (Considering that its brand new), i don't think it's fair for the customer. Why? It's brand new. Why would the ECM fail at this point?

2. They are not showing any interest in replacing my unit. (We'll see about that)

3. If I give in and let them change my ECU, what guarantee can i get that it won't bug down on me? Knocking is still evident even when they upgraded the ECM with this so called "Euro 2".

Honestly, i am very patient and understanding person. Not picky or "Maselan" but Hyundai Asia Resources, Inc. and Quezon Avenue are both not willing to replace this defective unit. Even if it's the ECM/ECU is at fault, as a "VALUED CUSTOMER" they should willingly offer this alternative.

TO HYUNDAI ASIA RESOURCES, INC & HYUNDAI QUEZON AVENUE

Replace my unit with a non-defective one and we're all good. Simply it is not acceptable to get my "NEW" Accent repaired for defects.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Just checked my reciept for 1k PMS:

PMS 2,600
    Oil used was ZIC 10w-40 Sythetic Blend (which only costs less than 1k)
    Oil Filter
    **Car Care Kit Php 450++ (What is this? I can't find the kit in my car)

If it refers to car wash and vacuum, congratulations! A Total RIP-OFF. It was never explained what it was and even if the car was washed, the tree and bird stains were still there + swirl marks which I believe they used an abrasive dirty old cloth or that rubber chamois.

Oh, also before I forget, who will shoulder the gasoline expenses when they test drive my unit?

Really unfair.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by rmsoriano View Post
    And to give you feedback mga sirs, here in Hyundai Pampanga, they do even claim na hindi nangyayari itong mga issues na ito sa mga accent units na release nila....

Based on the numerous accounts in this forum,- that is a lot of bull!.... :twak:

15.0K:smoke:

Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast
Open letter to hyundai asia resources inc - accent 1.4 mt 2012 issue