New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2011
    Hi just wondering, when we get our brand new unit from casa, do they undercoat it before releasing it?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by providence View Post
    Hi just wondering, when we get our brand new unit from casa, do they undercoat it before releasing it?
    yes and it's agent's scam to ask you to pay extra for it.

3. Join Date
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    yes and it's agent's scam to ask you to pay extra for it.
    Cool, thanks for that information.
    How do we know when its time to undercoat it again?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    It's a scam if the undercoat is done haphazardly. If undercoating is done properly, it can potentially extend the life of the car... in which case, it's really not a scam.

Assembly line undercoating are usually just applied on joints and welds before painting. Aftermarket undercoats can potentially protect the car's underside from most rock chips and minor scrapes.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^you don't understand what I meant, buyers doesn't need and shouldn't pay extra for the undercoating of a brand new car. so it's scam if the agent ask for you pay for it.

I've experienced this manyl times. agent asked me if I wanted undercoating and need to pay for it, I always declined and when the car comes out, it's been freshly undercoated, how do I know?. the undercoating were still "sticky" to the touch.

meron pang isang instance na na delay ang release ng unit sa akin ng around 1-2 hrs ng schedule since ina-undercoat pa nila. which I also declined when it was offered to me.

kahit tint hinde na dapat included na "freebies" dahil talagang kasama yun. the real freebies are the other accessories tail pipe garnish, 3M matting, weather strip or fog lights etc.

new car undercoat?