New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Hi!

Similar to what I posted in the Isuzu thread:

I am new to this site, I was wondering if there will be a new Sta.Fe for this year, preferably with a new engine or major features to it. My parents asked me to inquire in various Hyundai dealers, however, they did not actually mention any improvement from the "old" one.

In the long run, we don't wanna have the headache of buying early and then regretting that there will be a "new" one released soon after.

Thank you and more power!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    so far, wala pang official photo ang SF... Puro spy pics lang... Kaka facelift lang naman Sta Fe last year with a newer engine... Pero, imminently, the SF is due to an all new body.. because the Santa Fe and the Vera Cruz na lang ang hindi pa sumusunod sa fluidic design ng Hyundai... Ang tanong lang ay kailan ang official release...

IMHO, I don't think sasakit ang ulo mo if ever there will be a model change... Hindi naman mag self destruct ang kotse mo kapag may newer model...

Anyway, share ko experience ko sa dalawang kotse ko... I bought a 2005 Hyundai Getz sometime in August of 2005... Kakalabas lang ng hyundai getz sa atin... Sino ba ang magaakala na they will introduced a facelifted Getz in less than a year of introduction... My other car which is a 2010 Subaru Forester Fxt, I bought it last August of 2010... Unfortunately, the FXT has FL this year with newer cluster and aircon instrument.. At first, regret ang feeling.. sana nag hintay pa ako ng konti... pero never sumakit ang ulo ko kasi both cars performed as promise... Yung regret na feeling nawala din eventually...

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by X_Bow_823 View Post
    Hi!

Similar to what I posted in the Isuzu thread:

I am new to this site, I was wondering if there will be a new Sta.Fe for this year, preferably with a new engine or major features to it. My parents asked me to inquire in various Hyundai dealers, however, they did not actually mention any improvement from the "old" one.

In the long run, we don't wanna have the headache of buying early and then regretting that there will be a "new" one released soon after.

Thank you and more power!
    The current Sta. Fe as mentioned wouldn't self-destruct and give you headaches. I believe your concern is actually the fear of buying now and seeing an all-new model a year or two years after. I think that's just one cycle everyone has to accept.

With increasing demand for "the latest and the best", the conversation of "oh is that the all-new [insert brand and model here] 2000-what not version?" shortens from the decade-old 5 years to 3 years... eventually 2 years, and who knows, every year there'd be new model changes in the future.

The ones who got the earlier model will say "ay ang pangit ng bagong model nito, alam mo ba na [mention hearsay defects here]", while the ones with the latest model will say "ang pangit ng lumang model nito no? Akalain mong gaganda 'to ng ganito."

That's a vicious cycle... but that's what happens with improving manufacturing capabilities, tighter competitions (between manufacturers), and part of the product lifecycle.

If you're content with the current model and in need of the car now, then an option is there to take it. If you're willing to wait and do not necessarily need the car now, then wait - problem is you wouldn't know how long you'll be waiting. Just my .02.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    if you want and need the vehicle now, go out and buy. this "waiting until a new model comes out" thinking is never ending. you will end up never buying anything because there will always be a new model that will come out. it may be better or worse than the current models, but new models will definitely come out.

as already mentioned, new models will not make the old models a headache to the owners. my family bought a montero sport november of 2009. a few months after, a 2010 model came out with more accessories. my parents are still happy with their MS and didn't give them a headache, they didn't even think about "sana naghintay na lang tayo ng 2010 model" because they wanted the vehicle already and they are using it for it's intended purpose.

5. Join Date
    May 2007
    We are happy owners of the 2nd and 3rd gen of Santa Fe's in our club and never did we regret buying them.

If your need is immediate, go get the current model of the SF.

But if you are willing to wait for two years for the new one, it's just fine too!

Is it a need or a want?

Just my two cents.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    its a never ending cycle... kapag may lumabas ng bagong all new Sta Fe then after 5 years ganun din ang dilema mo.. better buy now if you need one..

7. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Hi guys!

Thanks for all the replies.

I have understood all you're comments, however my main point was that most of the time, a model year change equates to new features not yet found on the current model (touchscreen monitor, new engine [maybe?], etc.), yet the added cost of these improvements are somewhat less as compared to buying aftermarket items from dealers.

We also believe that making these "items" as standard to the vehicle advantageous, since it will be recognized as OEs rather than as accessories, thus the added warranty duration (as compared to 1-year for add-ons).

It is definitely a need, that's why we're being critical on the items of the vehicle we will be purchasing.

Regards!

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    *x_bow_823... IMO, you already know your answer... don't buy and wait... Regarding accessories, I don't think they are not included in the 5 year warranty... I think the warranty is more of a 3+2 warranty where in the last two years are limited to some extent...Example na lang, I doubt if the car's battery will be included.....

Personal choice mo yan... Example na lang, personal choice ko, I prefer the old engine of the Santa Fe coz the maintenance costs is cheaper compared to the new one... 6 liters vs 8 liters... The old engine has enough power and speed. So hindi ko rin ma miss yung 40+ hp na gain ng new engine.....

BTW, sa korean ha, and I am trying to be objective and not trying to justify kasi luma na kotse ko... You're not sure if the newer models (on the same variant) are better than the old one if you will compare the accessories... Example if you will compare the interior seats of the old SF and new SF (4X2), mas maganda ang fabric ng old.. Leather ang old SF compared sa cloth fabric nang bago... My Kia Carnival '08 has a little more option compared sa '10.. Example yun aircon switch mas maganda kaysa sa bago.. The 2nd row pwedeng may seat adjustment sa bago wala... Yung 05 Getz ko mas kumpleto ang instrument gauge kaysa sa FL Getz.. walang thermostat ang bago.. indicator lang... My brother's kia sportage has a 4 wheel disc brake.. compare sa latter model na drum na ang likod (previous gen).......

Lastly, wala kasing makakasagot sa iyo on what the exact time frame of the new SF... So kung may dilema ka, you can always look for another CUV.. Example yung Sorento.... Pareho lang yan... At least mas bago ang itsura ng Sorento... or if you don't need the 3rd row seats... mas bago ang Sportage...

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by X_Bow_823 View Post
    It is definitely a need, that's why we're being critical on the items of the vehicle we will be purchasing.
    imho, if it is definitely a "need", why bother waiting?

try to search in the internet and other forums, every year there are always something new to the units being released. like what has been clearly pointed out and explained, it is a never ending cycle. if you will always think of "what if next years model has this or that...." you will always be waiting. because ever year they always include new accessories. that is basic marketing. you can never sell this year last year's model unless you add something new or lower the price significantly. these new features may work well or not. or it might suit your taste or not. and nobody can tell what these new features will be.

i think you know what you want and what you will do. you are just asking forumers justification on your intended purchase. to share some of the "guilt feeling" of not waiting for the next year's model when it comes out.

10. Join Date
    May 2007
    Sir X_Bow. Ang mga kotse kase para din yang computer at electronics. Every second, there will be new ideas and every minute, there will be execution of those new ideas.

And by the time you know it, the ideas are already again at the market even before your current model hasn't been in your hands for that long a time.

To be honest with you, syempre may pagsisisi kung bibili ka ngayon at meron agad lalabas na bagong model. Pero wala naman makakapagsabi noon kung kelan. Ultimo nga HARI hindi nila alam kung kelan talaga lalabas ang mga bagong model.

Siguro kung si Ms. Fe Perez-Agudo, president ng HARI, ang makausap natin mismo, baka mabigyan pa tayo ng hint. But I doubt that too!

In the end, you will still be the one to decide naman.
    Quote Originally Posted by imperialv View Post
    its a never ending cycle... kapag may lumabas ng bagong all new Sta Fe then after 5 years ganun din ang dilema mo.. better buy now if you need one..
    Quote Originally Posted by imperialv View Post
    *x_bow_823... IMO, you already know your answer... don't buy and wait... Regarding accessories, I don't think they are not included in the 5 year warranty... I think the warranty is more of a 3+2 warranty where in the last two years are limited to some extent...Example na lang, I doubt if the car's battery will be included.....

Personal choice mo yan... Example na lang, personal choice ko, I prefer the old engine of the Santa Fe coz the maintenance costs is cheaper compared to the new one... 6 liters vs 8 liters... The old engine has enough power and speed. So hindi ko rin ma miss yung 40+ hp na gain ng new engine.....

BTW, sa korean ha, and I am trying to be objective and not trying to justify kasi luma na kotse ko... You're not sure if the newer models (on the same variant) are better than the old one if you will compare the accessories... Example if you will compare the interior seats of the old SF and new SF (4X2), mas maganda ang fabric ng old.. Leather ang old SF compared sa cloth fabric nang bago... My Kia Carnival '08 has a little more option compared sa '10.. Example yun aircon switch mas maganda kaysa sa bago.. The 2nd row pwedeng may seat adjustment sa bago wala... Yung 05 Getz ko mas kumpleto ang instrument gauge kaysa sa FL Getz.. walang thermostat ang bago.. indicator lang... My brother's kia sportage has a 4 wheel disc brake.. compare sa latter model na drum na ang likod (previous gen).......

Lastly, wala kasing makakasagot sa iyo on what the exact time frame of the new SF... So kung may dilema ka, you can always look for another CUV.. Example yung Sorento.... Pareho lang yan... At least mas bago ang itsura ng Sorento... or if you don't need the 3rd row seats... mas bago ang Sportage...

Need Your Help! (Sta.Fe features??)