New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Hi everyone.

I'm considering getting a KONA, but after backreading as much as I could regarding HARI and Hyundai, they seem to have a reputation (at least from the posts I have read) of having expensive PMS and of them not honoring their 5 year warranty.

I was wondering if this has changed.

How much does PMSing with them cost per visit, how many visits do you have to do a year?

How reliable are their cars and how easy is it to claim warranty issues?

And just like other brand's Casa's, can I have the optional stuff removed in their PMS?

Thank you very much.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Just bought a Kona and the agent told me that the 10,000km PMS interval is possible depending on the service advisor if you opt to use fully synthetic. He also told me to just contact him a day before bringing the car in for service so that he can remove the unnecessary services to make the PMS cheaper.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I told them to use semisynthetic oil instead of fs since the pm interval is only 5k km. And i tell them to remove unnecessary bs, like p675 car wash and p1000 brake cleaning. Brake pads and discs are wear and tear items and are not included in the warranty. I diy my own brakes.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Fil Trans View Post
    Hi everyone.

I'm considering getting a KONA, but after backreading as much as I could regarding HARI and Hyundai, they seem to have a reputation (at least from the posts I have read) of having expensive PMS and of them not honoring their 5 year warranty.

I was wondering if this has changed.

How much does PMSing with them cost per visit, how many visits do you have to do a year?

How reliable are their cars and how easy is it to claim warranty issues?

And just like other brand's Casa's, can I have the optional stuff removed in their PMS?

Thank you very much.
    In my experiences, 5kms PMS ranges from 5400 - 6900 for simple oil change and brakes lubrication depending on the oil quantity. I use FS and usually consume 4-5 liters of oil. I normally visit twice a year. May mga casa na malakas magpatong. Check the billed oil quantity and some unnecessary charges.

I am happy with the reliability and have had no problems with warranty claims except if the part is not available. You may wait 3 weeks or more for the part.

Yes, you can have stuff removed from PMS. I replace air and aircon filters, decline flushes and treatments and aircon cleaning.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    ngaun umaabot na ng 1 and 1/2 year ang isang 6 liter diesel Helix H7 oil ko hihi, dati every one year lang ako, though I only consume like 4000km per year kasi backup car ko na lang SF ko

pero bileb tumatagal ang diesel oil ng isang taon at 6 months sa engine

makes one wonder, tinde ng kinikita ng casa sa mga units na under 5 years warranty kung every 3 months pinapa casa ang Hyundai car

6. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by minicarph View Post
    ngaun umaabot na ng 1 and 1/2 year ang isang 6 liter diesel Helix H7 oil ko hihi, dati every one year lang ako, though I only consume like 4000km per year kasi backup car ko na lang SF ko

pero bileb tumatagal ang diesel oil ng isang taon at 6 months sa engine

makes one wonder, tinde ng kinikita ng casa sa mga units na under 5 years warranty kung every 3 months pinapa casa ang Hyundai car
    Ano suggestion mo OB, magpa PMS kami sa Casa for 5 years? Or risk it and magpa PMS na lang sa labas after 3 years?

7. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    3 years na lang