New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    baket mas mura pag kia, even if several cars share the same platform as their hyundai brethren? it just makes one wonder where they cut costs

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Can you cite actual figures to support your observation? What locally released vehicles of Kia and Hyundai share the same platform, and how much do they cost respectively?

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Hyundai absorbed Kia a few years back. They're probably lessening the specs of the Kia twins, enabling them to sell cheaper.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    kia is supposed to be marketed as value for money cars while hyundai is marketed as more "luxurious".. kasi kung pareho presyo and specs nila eh di parang kinakalaban nila sarili nila! para hindi rin malito ang market..

5. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    there are rumors with the introduction of the upcoming codename Hyundai BS luxury sedan, na gagawa ng upscale marque ang Hyundai... something to counter the Lexus of Toyota, Infiniti of Nissan and Acura of Honda... kaya lang, they lacked time to come up of the plan at malapit na lumabas ang BS sedan...kaya they shifted plans... parang ang mangyayari... Hyundai ang magiging upscale brand ng Kia. so, if true, expect more Hyundai models to compete with upscale euro and japs.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Both brands have the same owner. They have staggered pricing so as not to compete with each other.

For a Kia Picanto vs. Getz:
    1. Front power windows only on Picanto DLX (manual cranks on base model) while Getz has 4 power windows
    2. Rear folding seat of Picanto is of a simpler design and with no head restraint
    3. Even for the A/T variant, Kia still uses the 1.1 engine. The Getz A/T is available only in 1.4 engine form.

Mostly in details lang naman. Locally, Kia is more aggressive with promos and discounts, too. Kaya kahit magkalapit ang SRP, you still tend to save more with Kias. Ang Hyundai bumabawi naman sa content.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    I read in an article before that the reason why Hyundai vehicles cost more is because they are trying to make their vehicles more upscale than Kia...take for example the all new Kia Sedona, this minivan is cheaper compared to domestic and Japanese minivans, but the soon to be out Hyundai Entourage (the Sedona's twin) is more expensive than the Honda Odyssey, Toyota Sienna and Nissan Quest. So here is what I think...in the near future, Hyundai will be in the likes of Lexus, Acura and Infiniti and Kia will be in the league with Toyota, Honda and Nissan.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    BS sedan? that would be a marketing nightmare :hihihi:

9. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    dont worry, codename pa lang yun...sana hindi nila ituloy yun...

but seriously, hindi ba mas nightmare ang Hyundai as a luxury brand? i have nothing against Hyundai, i actually adore their new line up of cars...but going upscale will definitely put them into trouble... coz if they are escaping it, i think they are heading the wrong direction.

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    Kia is cheaper because they want it affordable here than Hyundai. Pero yung nga lang they stripped down the accessories and they sell only the lowest varian here. Like the Picanto. Wala namn lang SE+ na lumabas dito. Walang 60/40 split rear seats with head restraints. Walang rear wipers. Pero if they were to release it here. Konti lang ang bibili. But ang hindi nila alam may mga naghahanap din ng mga ibang variants or yung mga mataas na variats. Bakit hindi nila nilabas yung Opirus / amanti dito. Counterpart yan ng Accord,Camry. Pero mas mura yun. Not unlike Hyundai. Maraming mapagpipilian. But they will release the New Carnival, Sportage this month. And hopefully hindi stripped down. But Sabi ng mga Kia guys CRDi daw for both. And auto doors for Carnival. I'm eying on this down.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
why is kia cheaper than hyundai?