New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    This spy shot was allegedly taken in Fountain Valley, California which went straight through the Hyundai HQ. The picture features just a concept, but fully operational Kia Mojave.

It looks funky especially with the thin tires and big rims.

A Few Facts About the Mojave Truck

Push a button and the Mojave's rear bed will stretch into the passenger compartment. The power-operated rear wall slides forward to extend the bed from 71 inches to 86 inches in length, enough room to fit a 4x8 sheet of plywood. The extended bed position provides built-in protection from forward-sliding cargo due to the design of the folded rear seat back.

The rear tailgate creates a flush, extended load floor when folded flat, making the removal of heavy or rolling items much easier.

There's extra storage space for smaller items inside the truck bed, behind each wheel well.

Powertrain & Suspension

The Mojave concept truck has a 3.8-liter, DOHC 24-valve V6 that puts out an estimated 280 horsepower, coupled with a 5-speed electronically-controlled automatic transmission. Its 130 inch wheelbase is longer than the Kia Sorento platform on which it is based.

* Fully-boxed ladder frame with nine cross members
    * Double-wishbone, coil-over-shock front independent suspension
    * Five-link rigid rear axle with coil springs and level-control
    * Front and rear suspensions augmented by stabilizer bars and gas-pressure shocks
    * Power-assisted rack and pinion steering
    * Power-assisted four-wheel disc brakes with ABS, electronic brake force distribution (EBS) and brake assist
    * 20-inch sport tires on 20-inch machine-finished wheels

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    i don't know why but it looks fugly to me hehehe

3. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by slyfox View Post
    It's fugly indeed. The shape and placing of the foglights look similar to those of the Tucson's.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by slyfox View Post
    Because it's a KIA...?
    No offense to Kia lovers. :peace:

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    haha no offense taken coz im a kia owner myself. somehow the front just doesn't fit with the back. or maybe it's just me...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    IT IS A CONCEPT. I'm sure the production model will look different.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    functionality mentioned is good...there are NO mid sized pick-up in the market that can fit a 4x8 cargo (like the plywood). Design wise, sana maghire naman sila ng mga italian designers....

8. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    cute nga eh! parang picanto na pinalaki at pinahaba!

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    It is ugly. At least it's not laughingstock ugly. Hyundai need to redesign the front. I'm more interested in the engine. 280hp 3.8L V6. I wonder if it's based off the Azera's engine. If it is, that one already had 263hp. Yet Hyundai managed to wring out 17hp more for this concept. Maybe the 235hp 3.3L Lambda engine has the same potential.

Also wouldn't it be a Hyundai Mojave? I figured Tucson, Santa Fe, Veracruz.... all places in the US southwest for Hyundai SUVs. Mojave would continue that trend.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; April 9th, 2007 at 03:09 PM.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Ganda!

Ganda nu'ng bahay.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Lol, a Hyundai-Kia pickup truck spyshot