New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    I think my door light has a problem...in the switch located above the drive and passenger sit that says on-door-off. When I set it to door, isn't my light to turn off when all doors are closed? Mine isn't turning off....so I have to turn the light off permanently with the off button.Has anyone experience this problem or is it I just don't know how to turn the door light function on? Btw I've read the entire car manual already.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    when the switch is set to "door", which lights are on? the cabin light behind you or the maplights infront? the maplights are switched on when they are pressed or pushed in even if the switch is set to door.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by autokiko View Post
    when the switch is set to "door", which lights are on? the cabin light behind you or the maplights infront? the maplights are switched on when they are pressed or pushed in even if the switch is set to door.
    so does that mean that the maplights won't switch off if I closed all the doors and set it to "door"?

4. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by kenz88 View Post
    so does that mean that the maplights won't switch off if I closed all the doors and set it to "door"?
    Yes sir, it won't as long as the individual maplight is switched on.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    just try pressing them sir and you'll find out yourself. happened to me several times, left those lights overnight thinking that my switch is turned to "door". good thing my battery was not discharged

6. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by kulafu View Post
    Yes sir, it won't as long as the individual maplight is switched on.
    where is the individual switch for the maplight? is it different from the switch near the rear view mirror?

7. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    The switch is the maplight itself, you have to press the maplight cover to turn them on or off.

Hyundai Tucson door Lights?