New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    it is a supercharger(from the whine) and its probably a roots type or twin screw cause a centrifugal wont give alot of HP from a dead stop.you can actually hear it alot better when the car race from a dead stop and it boosts right away.
    cxheck the tiburon with ttwin engine,twin turbo pumpimg over 600+HP.(one in front and one in the back)i saw this tiburon a few years back in houston race meet and won the tire smoking event.all four wheels smoking with the front wheels on drive and the back wheels on reverse.

edit: found the link>> <embed src="http://videos.streetfire.net/vidiac.swf" FlashVars="video=4933f950-91ff-4421-80f2-e5c5af27260e" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="428" height="352" name="ePlayer" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="<A href="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"></embed">http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"></embed>

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    I saw this video last yr. He says he gets joked on a lot because he owns a Tib. Then people challenge him to race, and they dont know he has his tib supercharged. and he doesnt tell them it's got a supercharger. Nice to see an underdog become a top dog.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Bakit kaya Supercharger and not Turbocharger ang nilagay nya?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    Bakit kaya Supercharger and not Turbocharger ang nilagay nya?
    No lag with a supercharger.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    and more linear power increase!

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ssaloon View Post
    and more linear power increase!
    Hmm. I thought turbos have more linear power, but the lag is a turnoff for some while superchargers adds less power overall but also have no lag.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    He probably means linear power-build up.

If it's SC and not turbo, it's probably the V6 and not the base I4. The base four cylinder isn't that hard to turbo, but the V6 piping would be too complicated with a turbo unit.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    SC whine = TC DV swoosh noise......whichever route you go to, they both sound evil:fire: . You just gotta love 'em

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    parang gusto ko magkaron ng red Tibby! Tapos lagyan ng supercharger.. ganda ng tunog e. not like the pathetic riceboys who put fart mufflers. hehhe.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I've seen a number of supercharged Tiburons around here although I'd hesitate to say any of them are modded enough to beat an M3 or even a stock V8 Mustang (based from what I've seen one night).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Hyundai Tiburon beating a BMW M3