New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    With the latest sudden and expensive fuel pump replacement of our Venture, my dad is now really thinking of disposing it. He is now open to trying out the Hyundai Starex to replace the Venture. He is interested in the Jumbo model (11 seater) but according to the HARI website, it only comes with a manual tranny. If I remember right, I know they used to offer A/T variants for the prefacelifted Jumbo models.
    We also wish to get some feedback from Starex Jumbo owners out there regarding the ride since the Jumbo models have leaf springs in the rear instead of coil springs like the 9 seaters. TY.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    There is an A/T jumbo model in Korea. Locally, HARI only stocks M/T models. You may want to inquire about indent ordering the unit (much the same way you order 4WD Starex units).

Why go with the long model? The standard one has about the same capacity as the Venture. For such a short extension in wheelbase, they had to compromise passenger and cargo room to stuff in the additional row. That's why we went with the MB100 instead during the time we were van shopping (10 years ago).

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    aethetically ayoko ng jumbo...the 9 seater looks just right.....

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP
    Why go with the long model? The standard one has about the same capacity as the Venture. For such a short extension in wheelbase, they had to compromise passenger and cargo room to stuff in the additional row. That's why we went with the MB100 instead during the time we were van shopping (10 years ago).
    Kasi pag nakababa yung last row dun sa 9 seater, almost nil na yung cargo space. Sabi nung iba maglagay ng roof rack pero para sa min di practical yun. Takaw-sayad sa mga carpark tapos hassle umakyat sa taas para magload/unload ng gamit. Saka kahit sabihin na waterproof yun, di pa rin ako mapalagay pag bumuhos ang ulan at parang ang daling nakawin nung mga gamit pag nasa labas ng auto.

Another question, does the Starex Jumbo have ABS & airbags? Sa website sabi wala raw. TY uli.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ABS and airbags are available. But I don't think HARI stocks them locally, again you have to indent order them. Try checking the luggage space of the 9 seater. I can usually carry a week's worth of groceries in them. The Jumbo is longer, but this is offset by the addition of the extra row. Luggage space stays the same. And if I'm not mistaken, the Jumbo has a one piece fold and tumble rear seat unlike the standard's split and lift rear seat which is more versatile. In terms of personal space, you'd have more of it in the standard model. Knee and leg room becomes a premium in the Jumbo.

The standard model's second row seat can also be turned into a side facing or a rear facing bench. Not sure if Jumbos can do this feat.

Putting a roof carry system on the Jumbo is also more impractical due to the bubble top configuration (standard is flat top). A removable roof cargo system from reputable manufacturers like Thule could solve your cargo worries on the standard. Thule has lockable and weathertight roof mount compartments. They have their office near UST (Liftruk marketing). What kind of stuff do you cram into the current Venture and how often?

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

yup indent order ang matic and 4x4 grx manual and matic, 2-3 months daw ata..... may display sa wheels e.rod, white ata ung jumbo grx...1.4M ung 4x4 grx manual/matic, 1.3 ata yang jumbo..pag nagpa indent ka, sabihin mo na lahat ng gusto mo pasama....pero additional cost...

2 bucket seats sa front may center console, not seat...
    2+1 reclining, "sliding on rails" bench type seating for the 2nd and 3rd row..dont know if they're rotating, pero mostlikely the second row is...
    the 4th row is a bench type- tumble-fold configuration...

and honestly, if i ever i'l get this, i'll remove the last row....kasi when its un-folded, sagad na halos na pinto/tailgate, unlike sa 9-seaters....may cargo space ka pa!

it has automatic climate control system for front and rear, unlike the 9-seater grx na manual aircon..auto headlights, handsfree-->eto di ko alam pano silbi..

but the downside is i find the rear seating less plushier than the 9-seater...ala L300 versa van...

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP
    What kind of stuff do you cram into the current Venture and how often?
    1 seafood cooler, mini-maletas (like the Samsonite/Echolac stroller luggages), bags w/ 2 days worth of clothing, occasionally a small sack of rice & the groceries ++. We travel 2-3 times a month to the province.

We won't use the 4th row that often, we're actually after the additional cargo space available in the Jumbo with the last row folded.

Knee & leg room are not much of a problem to us as most of us in the family are on the petite side.

when the lastrow is folded, it also serves as sa barrier, a divider for cargo and passenger...

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    To all of you owners of Starex GRX Crdi 2006 M/T
    Talaga bang yung clutch pedal ng Starex GRX Crdi 2006 pagtapak mo pagdating sa bandang gitna biglang lumalambot o itong unit ko lang ang ganoon may way ba na maging smooth ito (mula sa unang tapak hanggang sa sagad parehas ang feel)

Thanks

10. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    mga sir any feedback din sa 4x4 starex? same ride quality b sya ng 4x2? hw about handling? kamusta under chasis? matibay ba? do they offer the 7 seater type? or final queation is it worth na mag 4x4 starex or mag sorento na lang? tnx

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Hyundai Starex GRX CRDi Jumbo