New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hyundai rouses a rabid riot with the 2013 Veloster Turbo
    Words by Niky Tamayo | Photos courtesy of Hyundai Motor America

Though Hyundai Asia Resources Inc. (HARI) has yet to launch the Veloster locally, this three-door coupe has already been making waves in other parts of the globe for its bold looks and affordable price. While the striking styling has always been a draw, the puny 1.6-liter engine hasn't entirely lived up to the connotations of its rapid name...until now.

At the recently-concluded 2012 Detroit Auto Show, Hyundai has finally answered our prayers when they showed off the new 2013 Hyundai Veloster Turbo. Visually, the new pumped-up Veloster looks much more aggressive, with 18-inch alloys, a larger grill to feed it with more air, twin tailpipes, and LED tail-lamps. But aside from quicker steering response, a turbocharged engine, and bespoke transmission, other engine and mechanical changes are minimal....

CLICK the LINK to continue: Hyundai rouses a rabid riot with the 2013 Veloster Turbo
    LINK: Hyundai rouses a rabid riot with the 2013 Veloster Turbo

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Wonder how long before the gray market gets this one? HARI had better hurry to beat them to it!

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    that is one bad dude...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Wonder how long before the gray market gets this one? HARI had better hurry to beat them to it!
    Given the regular Veloster already costs so much (in the grey market)... how much would the turbo version sell for? With options like the Subaru Impreza and Lancer EX Ralliart, would it be a "viable" model?

5. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Since a Veloster costs much like a Hyundai Sonata. A turbo version would probably be in Subaru WRX territory. Hmm.... bilis, pila na

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Think of it this way.

Whatever the gray market sells the Veloster for, Hyundai sells the Genesis Coupe at a starting price of 1.4m. Thus, the turbo Veloster can't cost more than that.

I'm betting the standard Veloster would be a 1.1m car with an automatic and all the bells and whistles. The turbo could be 1.2m to 1.3m, but anything more and they wouldn't bother bringing it in.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Think of it this way.

Whatever the gray market sells the Veloster for, Hyundai sells the Genesis Coupe at a starting price of 1.4m. Thus, the turbo Veloster can't cost more than that.

I'm betting the standard Veloster would be a 1.1m car with an automatic and all the bells and whistles. The turbo could be 1.2m to 1.3m, but anything more and they wouldn't bother bringing it in.
    If I am right, the standard Hyundai Veloster (grey market) sells at the P1.5M level.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    why would anyone pay 1.5M for something that UGLY! even a guy on drugs will find that nose painfully over-dressed and, well, just plain UGLY!

common guys, stop being gentlemen and say the truth. it's UGLY! sa tagalog, PANGET!

i've seen fish in munoz market much better looking than that!

yebo, tanggapin mo na subjective ang kagandahan. ang PANGET sa yo, maganda sa iba.

sa akin, NAPAKAGANDA ng veloster.

PERO AYOKO NG PANGIT NA TAO.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Agree. The car grew on me too.. and with the matte black paintjob, I think it's beautiful!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
"Hyundai rouses a rabid riot with the 2013 Veloster Turbo"