Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Just saw this in Topgear FB.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2014

3. Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Sarap ng popcorn habang nagbabasa sa comment section ng TGP regarding this topic.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    I was laughing at the comments too. Most of those who commented most likely have never driven a Hyundai before & probably just heard about Hyundai from others.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by bloowolf View Post
    I was laughing at the comments too. Most of those who commented most likely have never driven a Hyundai before & probably just heard about Hyundai from others.
    Madalas mga nag cocomment ang mga fanboys ng ibang brand at madalas eh ung kwentonf Hyundai ay mga kwentong barbershop. Mga aala naman first hand experience sa Hyundai. Yung iba dyan maka comment kala mo marunong mag drive mga highschool lang naman. Hahaha

6. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Does KIA, which is owned by Hyundai, get the same amount of flak from bashers?

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Does KIA, which is owned by Hyundai, get the same amount of flak from bashers?
    parang hindi naman..
    maybe because kia does not advertise as loudly and as much..?
    or maybe because in the past, kia did not .... dis-satisfy some of their customers as much as hyundai did..?

i know some folks (relatives! not strangers) who bought a kia recently.. they were mildly surprised, because... the product might look gorgeous, but the product wasn't up to japanese stuff, daw. nothing major like cracking engine block... minor, non-catastrophic stuff... they chose not to storm the kia gates just yet.
    their basis for comparison was their experiences from their previous honda cars..
    Last edited by dr. d; September 6th, 2015 at 10:48 AM.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    When an acquaintance asked me what a good & affordable SUV she can get, I asked hrer to look at the new Sorento. She said she would not consider KIA since it is considered a cheaper alternative to Hyundai. She got a Sta.Fe instead. It was the first time I heard that comment.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I hear that comment all the time - Kia < Hyundai.

The reason why Kia doesn't have bashers is because Kia isn't even big enough to be significant yet. They only sell a fraction of the sales of Hyundai, and don't have any household names (Starex, Accent).

It's a pity cuz Kia had some well-priced gems like the Sportage EX CRDi which undercut the Tucson GL CRDi yet had more features (except 4WD). I also like the Carens but the absurd SRP dissuades many potential buyers who don't even bother to go to the showroom and hence don't find out that it's got pretty hefty discounts. Also, the market would prefer a cheaper, less refined 7-seater MPV over the Carens even if the latter is better in all aspects except price (since at that price they'll either get an Innova or Montero, again, euro levels of refinement isn't a key buying point in the PH market).
    Last edited by jut703; September 6th, 2015 at 11:22 AM.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    When an acquaintance asked me what a good & affordable SUV she can get, I asked hrer to look at the new Sorento. She said she would not consider KIA since it is considered a cheaper alternative to Hyundai. She got a Sta.Fe instead. It was the first time I heard that comment.
    get a fortuner. may sukli pa.
    heh heh.

japanese believer to the ends of the earth...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Hyundai to introduce N sub brand in Frankfurt