New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2009
    Hyundai, ranked 5th in global automotive industry, takes a huge step in times of serious economic recession. Let's look at some examples shall we?

The winner of Ward's 10 Best Engines (US based automotive media organization). The V8 Tau veritably reflects Hyundai's crafting masterpiece.

Yep, the all new TYPE-R diesel engine will soon hit the markets. Can't wait to drive 'em SUVs embarked with these hefty state-of-the-art engine that significantly imprioves gas mileage and power.

With recently winning the North American COTY award, Hyundai brings the Genesis line-up to compete with the top-tier brands. Even the gen coupe looks so DAMN HOT!!

That's right, Hyundai's billions of dollars in investment didn't go in vain. They developed their own platform of ZF-6 Transmission promising more shifting superiority.

Another FR-based from Hyundai: the all new EQUUS with V8 4.6L Tau engine, ZF 6-AT, 366HP/44.8kg. Its intended rival is Lexus 460L, BMW 7-series & M-benz S class, but priced half of it.

Anyway, I think Hyundai is just growing too fast!! I can't imagine how they will look like after 10 years. That's right, I'm a Hyundai fanboy from now!! LOLZ!

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Hello sir! welcome to tsikot!

^^^ agreed. Hyundai has indeed come a very long way since its debut.

gusto ko nga madrive yung v6 genesis coupe

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Bow ako sa Korean diesel. Mga skeptics di pa nakakasubok yun lang!

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    That is good news for all of us specially for hyundai owner.. I just hope HARI will still improve there after sales support. I talked to one of the dealers, and they are having difficulties in ordering parts since the parts departments (HARI) have some problem issues.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by imperialv View Post
    That is good news for all of us specially for hyundai owner.. I just hope HARI will still improve there after sales support. I talked to one of the dealers, and they are having difficulties in ordering parts since the parts departments (HARI) have some problem issues.
    You bet, Pahirapan ng piyesa sa HYUNDAI Philippines. Yung order naming parts for our SUV 5 months na wala pa!!!

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Indeed, Hyundai made huge strides in its worldwide market.

But in the Philippines, the brand still have not capture the imagination except for a few. Maybe they are at par or even surpass Mitsubushi but its still a long way to match those enjoyed by the Honda and Toyota brands.

Major hindrances include car pricing and logistical support. What's good though is their varied line-ups of vehicle models.

Yes, they will be a force to reckon with in the domestic car industry esp. if they can get the "pulse/feel" of the local market.

7. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbo View Post
    Indeed, Hyundai made huge strides in its worldwide market.

But in the Philippines, the brand still have not capture the imagination except for a few. Maybe they are at par or even surpass Mitsubushi but its still a long way to match those enjoyed by the Honda and Toyota brands.

Major hindrances include car pricing and logistical support. What's good though is their varied line-ups of vehicle models.

Yes, they will be a force to reckon with in the domestic car industry esp. if they can get the "pulse/feel" of the local market.
    I agree, hyundai dealers need to be more "buyer friendly" and aggressive. I think better service and sponsorship in marketing would improve their share in the local market. I ordered my i30 catalog from hyundai makati few weeks ago but the delivery didn't reach yet!! Come on hyundai, if you want to win the customer's heart you have to push harder!! But keep up the good job on bringing new model line-ups in different segment hehe

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Getting the people to finally accept Hyundai will take TIME. Basta they should continue producing good products and superior cars and technology and eventually the people will learn to look up to them given enough time. Pero sa tingin ko in terms of branding mas malakas na Hyundia kaysa Nissan, Ford and Mazda sa Pilipinas and maybe at par with Mitsubishi. Pero way below Honda and Toyota. In the global market Hyundai is above Nissan and way above Mitsubishi. Medyo malakas Mitsu dito #2 sila sa sales pero kulelat talaga worldwide...

9. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    If Hyundai is going to share this engine technology with Kia, then halos wala na rin pinagkaiba ang Hyundai and Kia model offerings lalo na sa SUV segment, performance-wise

How come wala pa ring pangtapat yung ibang auto companies dito?

So far, Hyundai and Kia are beginning to develop competencies in the diesel engine market.
    Last edited by Hanren; May 9th, 2009 at 04:02 PM.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    For sure. Hyundai owns Kia although they have separate Presidents.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast