New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Tanong lang mga Sir kung talagang maasahan at OKs ba ang Hyundai Eon GLX? I dont see a lot of post/threads about this humble car. Since newbie ako, and a 1st time car owner, i want to know more about this dahil ito yung napupusuan kong bilin.

My considerations are:
    Looks (Headturner kasi talaga to)
    Affordability (I checked, Yung GLX ay 513k, GLX + AVN is 530k *One of the cheapest currently out in the market)

I want to know more about:
    Maintenance
    Reliability
    Accessories

I also want to here your Eon Stories. Mas maraming opinyon,mas OK!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    So far, from friends and co-workers with the car, it's relatively reliable. And it's very cheap to run.

But at over 500k, you're only 30-40k away from the Celerio, Wigo and Mirage... which have much more power.

Celerio and Mirage are just as economical on the highway, and only slightly less economical in traffic (Mirage 9-11 km/l range, Celerio around 10-12+, Eon, 12-13, in my driving). Wigo, don't know yet about the new one. Previous one was not quite as economical as the others... but new one has VVTI.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    So far, from friends and co-workers with the car, it's relatively reliable. And it's very cheap to run.

But at over 500k, you're only 30-40k away from the Celerio, Wigo and Mirage... which have much more power.

Celerio and Mirage are just as economical on the highway, and only slightly less economical in traffic (Mirage 9-11 km/l range, Celerio around 10-12+, Eon, 12-13, in my driving). Wigo, don't know yet about the new one. Previous one was not quite as economical as the others... but new one has VVTI.
    funny as it seems, i drove one at a cemetery, somewhat feets like a gokart..ok sya for the usual grocery runs and errands.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_BIG18 View Post
    funny as it seems, i drove one at a cemetery, somewhat feets like a gokart..ok sya for the usual grocery runs and errands.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    I drove one at Clark International Speedway.

Flatout, it couldn't even keep up with an old Rio 4-speed auto set to "cruise".

Lots of fun on the twisty bits, though.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    I drove one at Clark International Speedway.

Flatout, it couldn't even keep up with an old Rio 4-speed auto set to "cruise".

Lots of fun on the twisty bits, though.

Kung occasional driving from Manila - Pampanga, Manila - Pangasinan with total of 4 people inside, magkakaroon ba ng problema tong si Eon?

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jagabee View Post
    Kung occasional driving from Manila - Pampanga, Manila - Pangasinan with total of 4 people inside, magkakaroon ba ng problema tong si Eon?
    yung eon mismo, wala. kahit everyday driving pa.
    yung pasahero, baka meron. masikip sa loob, e.

it is not true, that minicars have problems doing long distances.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2017

^ +1000

And also with the Mirage, you could haggle for very good discounts, bali ang dating is halos same nalang sila ng price ng hyundai eon. You could even get the G4 if makakuha ka ng good discount, mas malaki din sa eon yun, and mas powerful pa engine.

Not really fond of the looks ng Eon. Sa mga mini hatch, ang pogi para sakin is yung Picanto and yung Facelifted Wigo followed by the Mirage, but looks are subjective naman, and depende sa tumitingin haha.

Wala naman issue sa Eon, sadyang masikip lang din talaga sa loob. And for that price range, I feel like mas madaming ibang better(or slightly better) options.

Officemates at ibang kapitbahay ko naka Eon, mukhang happy naman sila, lagi pa nga sila madaming sakay eh hehe.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jagabee View Post
    Nope. Kung malaki yung nasa likod, baka mangawit sila sa haba ng biyahe. That's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by arvs18 View Post
    ^ +1000

And also with the Mirage, you could haggle for very good discounts, bali ang dating is halos same nalang sila ng price ng hyundai eon. You could even get the G4 if makakuha ka ng good discount, mas malaki din sa eon yun, and mas powerful pa engine.

Not really fond of the looks ng Eon. Sa mga mini hatch, ang pogi para sakin is yung Picanto and yung Facelifted Wigo followed by the Mirage, but looks are subjective naman, and depende sa tumitingin haha.

Wala naman issue sa Eon, sadyang masikip lang din talaga sa loob. And for that price range, I feel like mas madaming ibang better(or slightly better) options.

Officemates at ibang kapitbahay ko naka Eon, mukhang happy naman sila, lagi pa nga sila madaming sakay eh hehe.
    If you can't fit nine people in your Eon, you're simply not a Filipino!

9. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Nope. Kung malaki yung nasa likod, baka mangawit sila sa haba ng biyahe. That's about it.

If you can't fit nine people in your Eon, you're simply not a Filipino!
    I have to excuse myself for underestimating ang seating capacity ni Eon.

Haha parang sa mga tricycle no Sir, kasya 9 (including driver), isa sa harap ng driver, dalawa sa likod nya, tapos 5 sa loob ng sidecar.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by arvs18 View Post
    I have to excuse myself for underestimating ang seating capacity ni Eon.

Haha parang sa mga tricycle no Sir, kasya 9 (including driver), isa sa harap ng driver, dalawa sa likod nya, tapos 5 sa loob ng sidecar.
    haha pero totoo Sir, tayo namang mga Pilipino ay hindi ganoon kaselan pag dating sa spaces ng sasakyan. tsaka occasional lang naman, pag may mga fiesta sa province talagang dinadayo.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Hyundai Eon GLX 2017