New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    i saw an ad in the Philippine Star that Hyundai CRDi engines are 5% biodiesel compatible. they are marketing the CRDi engines as "green engines".

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    it keeps getting better and better

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    I'm generally skeptical of DIESEL and I used to hate diesels for more than 10 years in the making................but BIODIESEL.......waaah.

Veracruz where are you?

Gaganda pa siguro yung takbo ng 3.0 V6 engine niya (with E-VGT and S-CRDI)

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Actually, when we got the SF July last year, i've already read that it's compatible with BD5 in the manual (i love reading manuals). Yun nga lang, i haven't finished reading all of it (at least the center part). Read the back though. I usually read random front to center, back to center. Rarely front to back because i easily get bored.

Anyway, I've tried BD1 (it's so funny when i heard the gas boy that it's only 1%) in Biofuel center in Philcoa last December but haven't really noticed anything. Someone here said that 1% is enough but i can't verify nor refute that.

It makes me wonder why not BD20 or even BD80. How come only BD5.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    How come only BD5.
    WWFC guidelines only list Biodiesel to conform up to 5% blend (10% naman for ethanol). The reason for this is that current fuel engines cannot handle higher blends atm (fuel lines will wear off)......except yung mga flex-fuel vehicles.

Not to mention that you would need more raw material & arable land to create higher concentrations of biofuels without disrupting food supply.

So right now, WWFC guidelines list 5% for Biodiesel and 10% for ethanol.

Hyundai CRDi engines, now compatible with 5% biodiesel