New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    hyundai crdi car owners, meron n b kau engine problems?

2. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    After 1 1/2 years of using, none!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    ung mga kumuha po sa dealership namen ng hyundai accents na ginawang taxi units, like ran-gen transport, mvbs taxi, nine star transport and pollane taxi, so far wala naman po naging mga issues sa crdi system nila

ang napapansin namin na bumibigay sa mga taxi ay ung VGT nila, nasanay kasi ung mga drivers na nirerev muna ung accent before ishut down ang makina, which is a wrong practice, dapat kasi i-cool down muna ang turbo for atleast 2 to 3 minutes before shutting it down

what we did is nagsched kame ng briefing sa mga taxi companies using hyundai accents, tinuruan namen na magcooldown muna sila ng VGT before shutting it down, so far after that wala na naging problem

kaya wag kayo kabahan mga hyundai crdi owners, isa sa mga naunang naglabas ng crdi ang hyundai unlike other carmakers na bago pa lang ung technology na un sa kanila kaya in a way eh di pa nila gaano perfected ito

4. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Kapag fuel injectors ang pinag-usapan, walang pinagkaiba sa old school diesel engine ang crdi injector nozzles na papalitan pagdating sa takdang oras kapag lumaki na ang spray holes. Basta ang diesel oil na kinakarga ay palaging "free of water" makakaasa ka na tatagal ang fuel nozzles.
    May member dito na 200K Km na ang odo reading pero going strong pa rin ang kanyang hyundai matrix.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    aug 2006 sta fe so far no crdi probs

6. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieseldude View Post
    Can't do this. Focus TDCI has the Siemens common rail system on it. Injectors are also electronic.[/COLOR]
    Based on your experience with commonrail diesel systems, is Siemens better or worse than Bosch? How does it compare with the Toyota and Mitsu commonrail systems (forgot the brand they use).

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Wiseman View Post
    Based on your experience with commonrail diesel systems, is Siemens better or worse than Bosch? How does it compare with the Toyota and Mitsu commonrail systems (forgot the brand they use).
    We cannot gauge this at the moment as Ford Focus/Siemens population is quite low.

The problem I foresee is product support for Siemens common rail systems.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieseldude View Post
    We cannot gauge this at the moment as Ford Focus/Siemens population is quite low.

The problem I foresee is product support for Siemens common rail systems.
    Do you know if both generations are Siemens? I remember Ferman from Speedlab saying that one of the TDCis uses the Siemens ECU, while the other uses a different one. They changed quite a lot of things on the Powershift.

So far, the only issues we've seen in the club with the TDCi are similar to the Hyundais and other VGT engines. If you practice improper care, abusing the engines when cold and shutting them down while they're still hot, there can be problems with the variable geometry turbo. The solenoid for the VGT is also vulnerable in floods. With proper care, there doesn't seem to be any issues with them except the odd broken engine mount (due to the powerful torque and heavy clutch of the TDCi engine).

Those people who've had problems with the TDCi either had them inundated in flood, or have modified and raced them hard (+50 hp and run at 240 km/h... a lot... ). Yet I haven't heard of a VGT failure yet from Tuason racing... I guess because they take good care of them and follow proper warm-up and cool-down before and after races. I'll ask around.
    Last edited by niky; March 14th, 2010 at 08:10 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Those people who've had problems with the TDCi either had them inundated in flood, or have modified and raced them hard (+50 hp and run at 240 km/h... a lot... ). Yet I haven't heard of a VGT failure yet from Tuason racing... I guess because they take good care of them and follow proper warm-up and cool-down before and after races. I'll ask around.
    Sir Niky, what do you mean by proper warm up? I practice proper cool down but I immediately run my vehicle after a cold start. So I'm not sure if running a CRDi vehicle immediately from a cold start will wear down the VGT system. Thanks

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    I have seen two Tucson CRDi emitting clouds of black smoke. One parked (presumably the driver pumping the gas) and the other cruising around the village and emitting plums of black smoke after each hump.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Hyundai CRDi engine problems?