New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkchicmallow View Post
    Hi.
    Pahelp naman po. Pano magremove ng back seat cover ng hyundai accent 2018?
    Thank you in advance
    youll need 17mm socket i believe. two screws between the seat back and the seat bottom.

this removes the seat bottoms...hehehe

2. Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by nikkol View Post
    Napansin ko lang parang wala masyadong nag uusap about hyundai accent dito... I created this thread baka sakali may nga accent users... Kumusta po FC ng accent 1.4 MT niyo? Thanks

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk

Glad to see this thread.

After almost a year and a half of owning and driving Hyundai Accent 2007 1.4 MT I'd say it's worth the price tag. Engine performance is far better than competitors on the same car segment based on our experience, you can hit up to 160KPH effortless with this car. Other users said to hit up to 180 -200KPH, won't try that though...not forgetting that this car is an entry level sedan, mahirap na ma-pwersa yung unit natin.

Here are the concerns I'd like to raise in this thread that you might also have experienced

1. Mababa ang accent -- madali ma-remedyuhan. You can put a lifter at the back and change to bigger wheels and mags. We upgraded from 14" stock rims to 14" mags, then after a year upgraded to 16" mags (in effect naging mas matagtag, and mas ramdam ko na yung kalampag...play sa steering).

2. Mataas clutch -- this one hindi talaga ma-remdyuhan, nakipag talo na kami sa casa pero yung mga newer accents daw wala ng clutch adjustment. Other users may ginagawang tweak pero as much as possible ayaw ko pa imodify original mechanisms ni accent namin. Binti nalang natin muna ang mag-adjust, nakakatawa man pero ayan talaga sabi nila sa casa.

3. Mahina suspension -- so far this is my main disappointment with Accent.
    - I initially thought that the rattle may be related to my car accident last Sept. 2017. Casa repairs were mostly on the cosmetic side. After few months from the incident the rattle started becoming worse.

- Solution to the above issue was to do wheel balancing and alignment. Had it done by Zafra.

- Another accident, minor this time, I hit a gutter in EDSA Q. Ave so in effect the steering wheel got excessive play. My front right side mags got badly damaged, at least just the mags not the body Quick fix for this was to do wheel alignment again by Zafra.

- Come December 2018, I upgraded our mags and wheels to 195/50/R16. The installer admitted that this will result into a bumpy ride. That was the time I learned why our Honda City jolts even in the smallest road imperfection, it was a lowered wheels, 205/55/R17. Generally speaking, mas malaking gulong mas matagtag at mas lalakas na sa fuel consumption. I had 2nd thoughts if I'll upgrade to 16" mags then. But since ma-porma talaga pag 16" I took the risk.

- Now after several months mas malala na ang kalampag. So I had it checked by Zafra again. They suggested to replace the rack-end-pinion assembly. It was really unacceptable for me dahil ka-bago-bago lang ng kotse papalitan na agad ang rack-end-pinion. So I looked for a second opinion. We went to Hyundai North EDSA to have it checked. Casa charges P2000.00 for comprehensive diagnostics and road test. Hyundai recommended to replace the inner tie rod (well this is a lot better, since part lang ito ng rack-end-pinion). Total cost for Zafra rack-end-pinion replacement is 18,500.00 while Hyundai charges 8,000.00. In the end, my Dad suggested to buy inner tie rod in Banawe (tip: Hyundai only uses original parts, you can buy genuine Mobis parts in Banawe. Some items in casa are mobis but for sure price is higher vs Hyundai their original parts). He tried to install it on his own but it was a bit difficult for him so he decided to have it installed in Zafra again. Overall we spent roughly P6,000.00.

Nawala yung kalampag for a while, but after few months bumalik nanaman. Now I'm thinking rack end pinion assembly ata ang papalitan.

P.S. Mostly city driving lang yung accent namin, haven't even brought it at the far South of Luzon kinakabahan ako baka malaki damage pag-uwi ng Manila hehe. Hope to hear your experiences too.

Most of the feedbacks I had above were also in comparison with the other vehicles, in the same segment, we regularly driver

Honda City 2012 1.3 MT
    Hyundai Accent 2017 1.4 MT
    Toyota Vios E 2016 1.3 AT
    Toyota Avanza E 2018 1.3 MT

3. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by martinez03 View Post
    Glad to see this thread.

After almost a year and a half of owning and driving Hyundai Accent 2007 1.4 MT I'd say it's worth the price tag. Engine performance is far better than competitors on the same car segment based on our experience, you can hit up to 160KPH effortless with this car. Other users said to hit up to 180 -200KPH, won't try that though...not forgetting that this car is an entry level sedan, mahirap na ma-pwersa yung unit natin.

Here are the concerns I'd like to raise in this thread that you might also have experienced

1. Mababa ang accent -- madali ma-remedyuhan. You can put a lifter at the back and change to bigger wheels and mags. We upgraded from 14" stock rims to 14" mags, then after a year upgraded to 16" mags (in effect naging mas matagtag, and mas ramdam ko na yung kalampag...play sa steering).

2. Mataas clutch -- this one hindi talaga ma-remdyuhan, nakipag talo na kami sa casa pero yung mga newer accents daw wala ng clutch adjustment. Other users may ginagawang tweak pero as much as possible ayaw ko pa imodify original mechanisms ni accent namin. Binti nalang natin muna ang mag-adjust, nakakatawa man pero ayan talaga sabi nila sa casa.

- I initially thought that the rattle may be related to my car accident last Sept. 2017. Casa repairs were mostly on the cosmetic side. After few months from the incident the rattle started becoming worse.

- Solution to the above issue was to do wheel balancing and alignment. Had it done by Zafra.

- Another accident, minor this time, I hit a gutter in EDSA Q. Ave so in effect the steering wheel got excessive play. My front right side mags got badly damaged, at least just the mags not the body Quick fix for this was to do wheel alignment again by Zafra.

- Come December 2018, I upgraded our mags and wheels to 195/50/R16. The installer admitted that this will result into a bumpy ride. That was the time I learned why our Honda City jolts even in the smallest road imperfection, it was a lowered wheels, 205/55/R17. Generally speaking, mas malaking gulong mas matagtag at mas lalakas na sa fuel consumption. I had 2nd thoughts if I'll upgrade to 16" mags then. But since ma-porma talaga pag 16" I took the risk.

- Now after several months mas malala na ang kalampag. So I had it checked by Zafra again. They suggested to replace the rack-end-pinion assembly. It was really unacceptable for me dahil ka-bago-bago lang ng kotse papalitan na agad ang rack-end-pinion. So I looked for a second opinion. We went to Hyundai North EDSA to have it checked. Casa charges P2000.00 for comprehensive diagnostics and road test. Hyundai recommended to replace the inner tie rod (well this is a lot better, since part lang ito ng rack-end-pinion). Total cost for Zafra rack-end-pinion replacement is 18,500.00 while Hyundai charges 8,000.00. In the end, my Dad suggested to buy inner tie rod in Banawe (tip: Hyundai only uses original parts, you can buy genuine Mobis parts in Banawe. Some items in casa are mobis but for sure price is higher vs Hyundai their original parts). He tried to install it on his own but it was a bit difficult for him so he decided to have it installed in Zafra again. Overall we spent roughly P6,000.00.

Nawala yung kalampag for a while, but after few months bumalik nanaman. Now I'm thinking rack end pinion assembly ata ang papalitan.

P.S. Mostly city driving lang yung accent namin, haven't even brought it at the far South of Luzon kinakabahan ako baka malaki damage pag-uwi ng Manila hehe. Hope to hear your experiences too.

Most of the feedbacks I had above were also in comparison with the other vehicles, in the same segment, we regularly driver

Honda City 2012 1.3 MT
    Just to clarify, is your car a 2007 or a 2017?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Apr 2019

Good day, meron akong hyundai accent 2012, as per technician kailangan ko raw palitan ang solenoid valve and transmission control module, tanong ko lang? Saan kaya ako makakita ng parts na yan? Please help me. Thanks

Sent from my SM-A720F using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Wonderer View Post

Good day, meron akong hyundai accent 2012, as per technician kailangan ko raw palitan ang solenoid valve and transmission control module, tanong ko lang? Saan kaya ako makakita ng parts na yan? Please help me. Thanks

Sent from my SM-A720F using Tapatalk
    Try nyo sa vgt korean auto parts or fronte. Both at banawe. Korean cars mostly ang shop nila.

Sent from my LDN-LX2 using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by martinez03 View Post
    Glad to see this thread.

Honda City 2012 1.3 MT

Rack and pinion po ang tamang tawag which is a type of steering mechanism assembly that connects your steering wheel via a shaft to a pinion gear that moves the steering rack. A rack end is a joint that is connected to the ends of the steering rack while its other end is connected to the tie rod which connects to the tie rod end.

Wala pong "rack end pinion" kasi wala namang pinion gear ang rack end.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quite unusual that your suspension is like that. My car, a 2014 Hatchback is now running 165k kms. Usually, with those long drives, its the suspension that gives first. But mine has only a little rattle when I go over humps. Aside from that, alignment & camber is still good & still no bounce on the shocks. Baka the accident did something more.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    May 2019
    ask lang mga sir. san ba nakalocate engine number ng 2013 hyundai accent kappa engine? thanks

9. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by nikkol View Post
    Napansin ko lang parang wala masyadong nag uusap about hyundai accent dito... I created this thread baka sakali may nga accent users... Kumusta po FC ng accent 1.4 MT niyo? Thanks

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk
    sir wat can you say about HYundai accent 2004 1,4?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Some questions:

-Aside from the casa, are there shops that sell original Hyundai parts?

-for non-critical parts, what are good third party-brands would work as replacements?

thanks

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast